Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Windows 8 is out! Odd behavior in Suitcase Fusion still

A couple of threads have been posted about Suitcase Fusion’s behavior in Windows 8. Understandably, replies were along the lines of “Come on. Windows 8 is not out yet.” :slightly_smiling: It’s out now and new PCs are shipping with it!

On my Windows 8 install, Suitcase Fusion works OK (I don’t think auto-activate works), but a very strange behavior prevents using it much. The Suitcase main window doesn’t resize. (See image.) The window itself will resize, but no controls on the window do. They remain stuck in place.

Any advice? I’m using the latest update. Thanks!

[/attachment]

Hi there,

We do support Suitcase Fusion 15.0.4 on Windows 8. Is that the version you’re running? If not, please upgrade and see if that fixes the problem. FWIW, I’m running that version on Win 8x64 and am not having a problem resizing the window.

Beyond that, you may need to reset SF4’s registry keys. Please be aware that editing the registry can be hazardous to your PC if you’re not careful. I’ll include a step for backing it up, just in case.

First, stop the TypeCore (in SF4’s Edit menu, open Preferences, switch to the Type Core tab and click on ‘Stop Type Core’. Once SF4 shuts down, open your registry editor by typing regedit into a cmd prompt (cmd.exe is stored in C:/Windows/System32/).

Before deleting any registry keys, I’m going to recommend that you export a backup.

Select the top level entry named ‘Computer’, then in the File menu select ‘Export’. Give the backup file a name and save it to a safe and convenient location.

Next, locate and delete the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software > Extensis > Suitcase Fusion 4 > Settings

Restart Windows & Launch SF4. Hopefully that will have reset the UI so that you can resize it.

[quote=“joeOnSunset”]A couple of threads have been posted about Suitcase Fusion’s behavior in Windows 8. Understandably, replies were along the lines of “Come on. Windows 8 is not out yet.” :slightly_smiling: It’s out now and new PCs are shipping with it!

On my Windows 8 install, Suitcase Fusion works OK (I don’t think auto-activate works), but a very strange behavior prevents using it much. The Suitcase main window doesn’t resize. (See image.) The window itself will resize, but no controls on the window do. They remain stuck in place.

Any advice? I’m using the latest update. Thanks!

[/attachment][/quote]