Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Upgrading Suitcase 2 to Suitcase 3 to Suitcase 4

A user’s laptop failed and we’re trying to get Suitcase 4 reinstalled on it. We have media for Suitcase 2, but the upgrades to 3 and 4 were internet downloads. We have the paper trail of receipts, licenses, and activation codes, but does the Extensis site have the ability to help us with this upgrade path?

I’m petitioning to get Suitcase 6, fresh, for all users in our area ASAP. But, for now, getting this user to 4 is the best I can try to do.

Thanks in advance for any assistance folks can offer!

We officially stopped supporting Suitcase Fusion 4 about a month ago, but this is simple enough:

If you are using an older version of Suitcase or Suitcase Fusion
If your version of Suitcase or Suitcase Fusion is older than version 13, you will need to uninstall the older version before installing Suitcase Fusion 4. Otherwise, you can leave your old version of Suitcase Fusion installed and upgrade it in place.
To determine your software version, click the application menu (immediately to the right of the Apple menu) and choose About .
If your version number is 13.x or 14.x (Suitcase Fusion 2 or 3), then you can upgrade just by installing Suitcase Fusion 4.

You can get the Suitcase Fusion 4 installers here: extensis.com/support/product … -fusion-4/

Thanks, Romeo!

We’ll give it shot. I’ll report back on how it all goes!

In like Flynn! Thanks again!