Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Type Server - El Capitan

Has anyone tried the Universal Typer Server 5 with El Capitan yet? I was thinking about making the OS X upgrade this weekend.

Hello forumguy,

The official Extensis word is that it’s not ready yet but getting close.
We are treating each UTS component separately so here is the deal:

THE CLIENT
The team is currently working on a client update that will be El Capitan compatible in a few days. You can follow the progress here: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) Compatibility

THE SERVER
While there aren’t any known compatibility issues running UTS on El Capitan, Extensis will not be offering “official” support until later this year. So we suggest that you test in a non-production environment first before updating.

Let us know if you encounter any issues during your testing.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Hello all,

Final release installers for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) support can be found here:
bin.extensis.com/UTC-5-2-1-M.zip

IMPORTANT - READ ME
There are important changes to security permissions in El Capitan that may affect using UTC. Review the following knowledgeable article before upgrading:
extensis.com/support/knowled … l-capitan/

Follow these instructions as needed.
Let us know if you continue to experience any problems with this upgrade.

Cheers,
Chris

Hello
I was wondering if the directions provided to move UTC 5.2.1 fonts vault are also valid for OSX 10.10 (Yosemite)
We already have a “com.extensis.UniversalTypeClient.conf” to setup our UTC clients and - despite I added the
vault.location=home
to our conf file - the vault (on a 10.10.5 test client) is still being downloaded into /Library/Extensis/UTC

this is our conf file now looks like:

server.address=ourserver
server.port=1111
quickmatch.enabled=false
font.license-compliance.enabled=false
vault.location=home

I am asking because we have a mixed enviroment (10.10 - 10.11) and would like to use just one com.extensis.UniversalTypeClient.conf file

Many thanks for your support
Carlo

yes Carlo the vault switch control is valid in other OS X versions as well.

Thank you Chris, at first I was putting the conf file into the user’s library, instead of the main one
I works now as expected
Have a great day