Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Suitcase Fusion 6 very slow/wonky with Illustrator 21.1.0/OS 10.11.6

Even AFTER we clean the font cache and restart, over and over, Suitcase Fusion 6 is still very slow to activate fonts and its performance in general is slow and erratic - wasting a lot of time in my day…what gives? I see that they refer to this product as “older and discontinued” - but I don’t need the newest version, Suitcase Fusion 7, because I am a small firm and don’t need all of the added features it offers. (I am bugged by Extensis constantly suggesting that we upgrade - so that better not be the explanation for why 6 is so slow : )

Hi StudioMoon,

Thanks for your question. The issues you are experiencing are due to the incompatible version of Illustrator and Suitcase Fusion. One of the main features of Suitcase Fusion 7 is activation and plug-in support for Adobe CC 2017. For more information, please visit our Support Guide using the link below:

http://www.extensis.com/downloads/compatibility-guides/suitcase-fusion-compatibility-guide/

Regards,

Extensis Support

So, are you saying that, even though I have Suitcase 6, and no need or the features in Suitcase 7, I have to buy it because Extensis isn’t keeping up with the latest versions of the most relevant programs that work with their product (like Illustrator and InDesign)?

Our development teams continually monitors our products for potential updates and compatibility when newer applications come to market. This means we have to make difficult decisions on when to end development for prior versions of our products and move forward.

If you were not notified previously, you are eligible for an upgrade price from Suitcase Fusion 6 to Suitcase Fusion 7. This allows you to get all the new features and the compatibility benefits for a much lower price. Use the link below to log in to your account and view the upgrade price:

https://secure.extensis.com/loginpage

Regards,

Extensis Support