Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Suitcase Fusion 6 has conflict with Livecode

After I installed Fusion 6 in Windows 10 my Livecode app got problems. The SQL connection that a database in Livecode needs, was lost. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Fusion installes ‘Microsoft Runtime V9 x64’. It is difficult because this piece of software cannot be uninstalled. Suitcase itself functions OK. Is there a solution for this?

From the Extensis support I have got this answer:
“Suitcase Fusion 6 requires various versions of the Microsoft runtime library as prerequisites. There isn’t a workaround for this unfortunately.”
"Typically, our Suitcase Fusion customers use design applications like Adobe Creative Cloud and Quark Xpress so we perform QA testing with those applications. We don’t perform any QA testing with LiveCode as this is not an application that we’ve had a request to support and our customer base are typically designer / creative types and not designers."
The best suggestion we would have would be to use separate machines or VMs for your Livecode work and font usage work for Suitcase Fusion."

So we need an extra Computer if we want to use Suitcase Fusion. That is an interesting solution!