Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Suitcase 6 fails to work after Windows Upgrade /update

I’m part of the Windows Insider program, so my Windows updates periodically. Every time it does so, Suitcase fails to work. It opens, and I can browse fonts, add to Library, etc., but can no longer activate or deactivate fonts. The only solution is to uninstall and reinstall, which is a pain in the a**.

Anyone else experiencing a similar behavior, and / or have a solution?

Greetings,

We did catch this with the Windows 10 1151 update and we updated our KBA’s advance of its general release: https://help.extensis.com

Currently that is the best workaround I have to offer, but we are looking into the root cause to see what we can do to prevent this from happening in the future. I do see this same thing happening in the latest Insider Build (11082) and will have the article updated accordingly. Luckily the workaround is simple and doesn’t put your data at risk.

Realistically, Extensis can’t guarantee any compatibility with these fast-track insider builds. It is simply too big of a moving target to ensure 100% compatibility. These builds are intended for developers and enthusiasts to provide feedback and aren’t considered “daily drivers.” If you require a more predictable working environment, I’d recommend sticking with Microsoft’s general Windows 10 releases.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention,
Ryan C Brown
Extensis Font Management QA

Same Problem with Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586].
Suitcase Version 17.2.1.636225
Fonts can’t activatet.