Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Server not showing catalog

I published a catalog using NetPublish and the pages display fine during the preview process but when NetPublish tries to bring up the site in the browser after everything is done all I get is a blank page.

I see that the files were published to a path called
C:\Program Files (x86)\Extensis\Portfolio NetPublish\WebRoot\sites\GrandCanyon

and the browser is trying to get to this using
](http://)/res/sites/GrandCanyon

I don’t get an error message or anything, just a blank page.

What am I missing? What component handles the translation?

Update: OK apparently I did not have some Windows services running. Now I am getting a 404 error…

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Requested URL 136.167.7.205:80/res/sites/GrandCanyon
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\res\sites\GrandCanyon

It’s looking in the wrong place.

You shouldn’t need to specify the port 80 when just browsing to a website as it’s the default port.
136.167.7.205/res/sites/sitename should be sufficient.

If that’s not working, what do you see if you just load 136.167.7.205/ on its own?

I can’t tell from the general outline what the problem is, but it sounds a little like the IIS is not quite configured correctly for use with NetPublish. What OS is the webserver? What Role services are enabled under the Web Server role?

IIS was not and probably is still not setup properly. The error I am getting now is different…

Server Error
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

When I go to that URL it redirects to…
136.167.7.205/netpub/server.np?b … te=home.np
and then I get the error.

I am a developer not a server admin and I have no idea what needs to be changed to get it to load the site properly.

If I go to 136.167.7.205/ alone I get an IIS7 welcome page.

You’ll probably need to contact support directly for assistance, as it’s hard to troubleshoot this kind of thing over forums. The internal server 500 error suggests NetPublish isn’t running, at least not correctly. The initial place to look around that would be related to the Role Services that are running under the Web Server role in IIS.