Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Rewritting the Preview Text (ABC 123 et al.)

Hello,

I’d like to know if there’s a way to rewrite the ABC 123 preview text as well as the Paragraph text.
¶ Thank you in advance.

Hello,

In Suitcase’s View menu, select ‘Show Preview Configuration’. That will display a text input box in the preview area. You can use that to modify the text to your liking. To close it, go to View -> Hide Preview Configuration.

There’s also a button for this feature, just to the left of the drop down where you select the preview type (ABC 123, Paragraph etc.).

[quote=“Romeo Fahl”]Hello,

In Suitcase’s View menu, select ‘Show Preview Configuration’. That will display a text input box in the preview area. You can use that to modify the text to your liking. To close it, go to View -> Hide Preview Configuration.[/quote]

It’s not what I mean.
I’d like to reprogram/rewrite the ABC 123 and the Paragraph and create a default template for good inside the library system.
Instead of having a quote from Mark Twain in the Paragraph preview, I’d like to have a quote from an another author.
Do you catch my meaning?

The preview text is stored in the com.extensis.SuitcaseFusion5.plist file, which is stored in Mac HD/Users//Library/Preferences.

And then I just have to open the file on TextEdit and rewrite the Paragraph preview.
Will it work?

To properly edit a plist file, use the Property List Editor in XCode tools. For more info, go here: support.apple.com/kb/ht4850 and look for ‘Editing Property Lists’.

XCode Tools can be downloaded for free from the App Store.