Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Restoring sets after reinstall

I’m not sure if this is the right spot for a Suitcase 12 question

I neglected to export all my sets before a recent HD wipe and system reinstall. However, I did backup all the Library and System files from both Macintosh Harddrive and from my Identity/Username - over 1gig of stuff - thinking I could just pop the appropriate files into their previous position…

Now that Suitcase is up and running again, how can I restore all of my previous sets with the backup I have?

Thanks for taking the time to try to help me!

Suitcase 12.1.7 \Mac OS 10.5.8

There is no forum section for Suitcase Fusion (v12) as it’s a discontinued product so when we migrated our website a year and a half ago, the old forums for discontinued products were not carried over.

From memory, the font vault for Suitcase Fusion was stored in /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Extensis/
If you say you have a backup of your whole user folder, then you’d have a backup of your font vault that would be restored when you restore that identity. However, as it’s a discontinued product any support we can offer for getting that to work is limited. But having done it several times myself in the past, so long as you put the right fontvault file in the right place it should be back to where it was.

Thanks Chris. I’m back in business :sunglasses: