Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Recover fonts sets and migrate from Win to Mac

Hi there

I have been working on Dell PC which had CF5 installed on it. Last night we had power search in the office, and couple of components in my Dell died.
I got my hard drive out and managed to successfully recover and migrate, all my work project files to a Mac, which also has CF5.
I had about 35 different Font Sets, each corresponding to a very specific projects. That’s how I was tracking which fonts I was adding for what jobs. I am curious, whether there is any way I could copy some kind of preference file from my PC hard drive (the programs folder) and move it to my MAC, so I can get all the Font Sets back without building them from scratch. I can’t remember all these fonts, and it’s not very convenient to open each project, look at the least of missing files and keep adding them one by one manually. Just take too long.

Even if I could just get that sets information file and read it as text, I would make the rebuilding process much quicker.

Any suggestions and recommendations most welcomed.

Thank you for taking the time and reading my post.

cheers
Best regards

Seba

Hey Seba,

I can not guarantee that you will be able transfer your sets from a Windows machine to a Mac.

The sets in Suitcase Fusion are saved as SQL database files, so there is a chance that you’ll be able to transfer it to your new computer.

If you have access to your old hard drive you can try the following to see if you can transfer your sets.

1. Launch Suitcase Fusion.
  2. Select your Font Library (on the left).
  3. Go to the File menu and select Export Sets.
  4. Save the .sdf file on your Desktop and transfer it to your Mac.
  5. Launch Suitcase Fusion.
  6. Go to the File menu and select Import Sets.

Hopefully that works!

Let me know if you need anything else.