Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

QuarkXPress and Suitcase

I’m having a great deal of problems. I went to try Suitcase Fusion 5.0 today - and had nothing but QuarkXPress crashes… I “uninstalled” it - and put back Suitcase Fusion 4.0 (which has always been a slow poke, and now slower than normal.)

But my problems are with Quark. Now if I go to “move” a text box with the tool - Quark crashes. If I move it with the cursor or give it the exact measurements - there is not problem.

Has anyone else experience this? If you did, did you resolve it and will you please share. I’ve one job to get out, which is normally an under 10 minute piece of work, and I’ve been at it for 8 hours. It’s frustrating. I’ve even reinstalled the System software - and to no avail.

I’m on a Mac Mini running System 10.9.1
I’m using QuarkXPress 9.3
Suitcase Fusion 4 15.0.6

Thank you.

P.S. The only Quark thread I found was about automatic font opening - and that hasn’t work for me in any fusion at any time - and yes, Suitcase knows its there and it’s marked as activated in Quark - but it does nothing.

Thanks again for your time… I guess misery loves company, eh?

[quote=“Jackie”]I’m on a Mac Mini running System 10.9.1
I’m using QuarkXPress 9.3
Suitcase Fusion 4 15.0.6
[/quote]

Please try updating to QuarkXpress 9.5.4 which was the Mavericks specific compatibility update that was released by Quark in November last year.

will try your solution re quark later today

what about quark 10?

thx