Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

QuarkXPress 2016 Plugin Compatibility (Spring 2016)

Hello all,

Now that Quark has pre-announced their upcoming XPress 2016 release (http://www.quark.com/Products/QuarkXPress/QuarkXPress-2016.aspx)
I thought it’d be a good time to share Extensis’ plans.

Plan
Extensis is currently working with Quark to ensure our auto-activation plugins are compatible with their upcoming 2016 release. It’s our plan to have a Suitcase Fusion plugin on or shortly after the 2016 release is publicly available.

Current Status
We have verified our plugins are functioning correctly with the latest XPress prerelease and will continue to test against all prerelease updates as they are made available by Quark.

Updates
Please check back to this forums post for more updates on our progress. I will update periodically so you can plan your upgrade accordingly.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Chris Meyer
Suitcase Fusion Product Team

QuarkXPress 2016 Compatibility for Mac
QuarkXPress 2016 Compatibility for Windows

Hello all,

A quick update -
Extensis is in the thick of testing its QXP2016 plugin and have found a few bugs to fix before shipping.
With Quark Developer Support’s assistance, we are confident we’ll have these resolved soon.

While we are pushing toward releasing when Quark launches we ask that you ensure full compatibility between Suitcase/UTC and QuarkXPress 2016 before upgrading.

I will keep you all posted of our release date and public availability through this post.

Stay tuned for another update soon…

Cheers,
Chris

SF 7 not compatible with QuarkXpress 9

Here is the latest update for all of our Quark plugin customers:

Current Status
We continue to internally test the latest prerelease versions provided by Quark and our plugin is looking good on both platforms.

Fixed Issues
We have been addressed the following issues for the QXP2016 plugin:

Bug 5150
Slow performance when opening and saving QXP2016 documents

Bug 5030
Fonts are not activating in embedded EPS files

Bug 5181
Font auto activation fails when double clicking a document to launch QuarkXPress

Targeted Release Date
We are not able to share a final date with you yet until Quark makes their release date public but know we are tracking their progress closely and will announce as soon as they do.

Stay tuned here and PLEASE do not update your production systems until you have confirmed full compatibility of our plugins.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Chris

When will Extensis Fusion 7 be 100% compatible with QuarkXpress 2016?

Hello all,

Quark has officially announced their upcoming XPress 2016 release is going to be May 24th.
http://www.quark.com/Products/QuarkXPress/QuarkXPress-2016.aspx
I am really excited about the newest XPress release and proud to be an authorized development partner in the Quark network.

Extensis is preparing its own official Suitcase and Universal Type Client updates in a few weeks after Quark’s release date that will include a new auto-activation plugin for XPress 2016.
We will also include new updates for another set of popular auto-activation plugins at the same time.

With that said, I plan to do everything I can to provide a new XPress 2016 plugin in advance of our official release date for all of you early XPress adopters.

As always, if font activation in XPress is critical to your workflow, PLEASE do not update your production systems until a fully compatible plugin is made available.

Stay tuned here for a download link as soon as I can hand it off.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Chris

Hello all,

Here is another plugin update for you.

We are readying our QXP2016 plugins to share sometime next week after the Memorial Day holiday.
These plugins are final release versions but will need to be manually installed until our “official” installer update is provided mid-June.

I will update this post with the installers and installation instructions next week (for you early adopters).

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Chris

Hello all,

Sorry for the delay, a last minute bug was reported by one of our prerelease customers that we decided to fix before handing off.

To use the following XTension, you will need to download for your platform (Mac or Win) and manually place it into the QuarkXPress 2016 XTensions folder.

Note: The official release has been targeted for the week of June 20th when these QXP2016 XTensions will be added to the final installers with additional plugin updates.

Please let us know if you have any issues.

QXP2016 plugin for Mac

QXP2016 plugin for Windows

Cheers,
Chris Meyer
Extensis Font Solutions Team

When will Extensis Fusion 7 be 100% compatible with QuarkXpress 2016?

Hello all,

The official Suitcase Fusion 7 (v18.1) release with the QXP2016 plugin will be available for download later today (Pacific Time).

Suitcase Fusion 6 users should continue to use the plugin provided here.
QXP2016 plugin for Mac

QXP2016 plugin for Windows

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Are the Quark 2016 plugins for Suitcase Fusion 6 still available anywhere? These Dropbox links seem to be dead.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Alec

Hello Alec,

You are correct the links have expired.
Here is a new link.
It will only be available for a few weeks so please download the plugin you need as soon as possible.
https://ftp.extensis.com/public/folder/GDel78UCE0iXuLHF29oYXQ/Plugins

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks Chris!

All downloaded!

Alec