Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Problems using .fontvault on external NAS drive

I just installed a new Qnap TS-253B 2-bay NAS setup and am trying to use my .fontvault from it. I previously had a hard drive connected to my Airport Extreme and that worked fine but am moving everything over to the NAS. I’m connected via SMB but can also connect via AFP or NFS.

Suitcase won’t launch and gives the error: "Suitcase Fusion could not open the Font Vault at the location “/Volumes/Design/Suitcase Fusion.fontvault” and then quits.

How can I get this to work as before? I have too many fonts to store locally since my SSD drive is small.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Please try the following steps:

Remove your current preference files for Suitcase Fusion -

• Preference files can be removed from the following location:

• Users/{username}/Library/Preferences/com.extensis….
    • If necessary, remove all Extensis preferences that start with “com.extensis…”
  • Launch Suitcase and create a new vault on your local hard drive.

• Once Suitcase opens and shows the new (empty) vault, select Preferences from the Suitcase drop-down menu next to the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen.

• In the opened Preferences window click the button that says select vault.

• Choose your new vault location on your external NAS drive and select OK.

Now you should be working from the remote drive with your previous vault.

If these steps do not resolve your issue, please contact our Support Team using the link below:
https://www.extensis.com/company/contact-us/

Thank you, but this didn’t work. I got an error saying “The selected vault folder is invalid. Please select a valid vault folder”. I have also upgraded to the beta version 19. Is there any other options to try?

Yes, please contact our Support team using the link previously listed. We look forward to assisting you.