Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Problem installing: Suitcase Fusion could not open the Font Vault

Hello,

I can’t seem to install the new Suitcase Fusion 7. Previously I had Suitcase Fusion 5 installed, and I think that has something to do with the problem. I uninstalled SF5, but there’s a folder “C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Extensis\Suitcase Fusion\Suitcase Fusion.fontvault” that I can not seem to delete, and that may be the cause of the problem.

The install wizard does not report any problems, but after restarting the PC and opening SF7 I see the following alert:
Suitcase Fusion could not open the Font Vault at the location “C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Extensis\Suitcase Fusion\Suitcase Fusion.fontvault”.

I hope someone can help me out with this?

Kind regards,
Yves

Hi Yves,

We have a KBA on this topic here that should get you up and running.

Hello,

That’s a tutorial for OSX, I work on Windows 7.

I can not move or do anything with the folder, it stays locked. I even
tried the Windows Safe Mode (as some forum entries suggested) but I can’t
do anything with the folder in Safe Mode either.

Yves

Hi Yves,

My apologies for that. Here is an article on the Windows side of things. Although it mentions Fusion 5, the basic troubleshooting is the same. Basically, you need to shut down the FMCore and build a new vault.

Thanks for your assitance Mike, but that doesn’t work for me.

• FMCore.exe is not running, it’s not in the Processes tab, probably because I already removed as much Extensis files as I could.

• I have deleted these:
    C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Extensis\com.extensis.FMCore-LaunchInfo.conf
    C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Extensis\com.extensis.SuitcaseFusion.db
    C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Extensis\FontManagementUI.exe (folder)

• Windows doesn’t allow me to move the Fontvault folder (and that’s the main problem I suppose)

Yves,

At this point I suggest that you contact our Support team using the link below:

https://www.extensis.com/company/contact-us/