I wanted to drop a note about the upcoming Portfolio update that SHOULD come out sometime in the 2nd week of September.
We are continuing to bring over some features that didn’t make it in the initial release and of course fixing some issues along the way.
Here are some of the highlights. Here are the release notes https://www.extensis.com/support/portfolio-2017-product-support/portfolio-2017-release-notes/
- Apply Custom Previews
- Regenerate Thumbnails
- Click on a Keyword in the Keywords section to do a quickfind on that keyword.
- Remember the size of you resize the Desktop client.
- Made SSO work with the new Web Clients.
- Vault Catalogs - Make check-in case insensitive
- Hover over a field in Grid view and we will pop up the contents of that field. We still need to do this in list view.
- Batch Edit - Option to choose to Delete All for Text Blocks. (Work in this area is still going on and will get some options in future release)
- Batch Edit - Remove it being case sensitive
- Use the arrow keys to navigate between assets in Grid & List view.
- We’ve made some changes to the fields panel and some of the pulldowns and a few bug fixes.
- Excluded Items - Show a dialog when items are excluded from being cataloged on upload.
- We’ve made some changes to the Portfolio Admin around giving some better info when things happen. Low Disk Space warning on the main drive, if ElasticSearch goes down and a few other errors. It’s pretty basic right now but it’s a work in progress on giving better info to the Admin.
One last thing - Multipage PDF support. It’s coming. We are starting with the clients first and then we will look into Netpublish (if people want it there). We aren’t going to have everything with the PDF support yet but you will be able to page through the various pages. We are going to look into zoom and searching within the PDF as a follow on task.
I made a video to show it in action. Take a look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55iZchPJ_Aw