Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Photoshop CS6 issue

Hi,

Since upgrading to Suitcase Fusion 4, version 15.0.6, I’ve been experiencing some issues with Photoshop CS6. (Mac OS X 10.6.8). FM Core isn’t being found on start-up of Photoshop. But also PS is no longer giving me the option to close a file without saving. This means that for example, if I want to make a lo-res jpg of a hi-res PDF, what I would normally do is open the PDF in PS, make any changes I needed, then ‘Save for Web’, then close the original file without saving the changes. But now I can’t: PS will not quit until I’ve saved all the changes, which alters the original file.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Hi,

Photoshop CS6 will ask you to save a file after opening a PDF, regardless if you have our plugin installed or not. I believe that there was a bug in the previous version of the plugin that suppressed ‘Save’ dialogs, which may explain why you didn’t see them before.

Regarding the FMCore issue, I recommend contacting our support team to troubleshoot. This page has the phone number and a form to submit a ticket:

extensis.com/support/contac … l-support/

Hi,

I don’t think you understand: what is happening is this: If I open any file in Photoshop CS 6, I no longer have the option of closing that file unless I save it first. Even if I step backwards in the History window. There used to be a dialog box asking me if I wanted to save any changes, now I don’t get this. This means I am now forced to save a second version of the file, renaming it so it doesn’t overwrite the original, and then deleting it after I’ve quit PS. This has only started happening since I upgraded my Suitcase Fusion 4 to 15.0.6.

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand. It seems like you’re contradicting yourself. First you say:

“If I open any file in Photoshop CS 6, I no longer have the option of closing that file unless I save it first.”

Then you say:

“There used to be a dialog box asking me if I wanted to save any changes, now I don’t get this.”

My recommendation is that you contact our support team to get your Suitcase issues worked out.