Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Master Keywords returning the wrong photos in NetPublish

Hi, I am having trouble figuring out something about Master Keywords. I’m hoping this will be a quick fix. Here is my problem.

In the Portfolio 11 desktop client, I have 20 photos with the master keyword of “Wolf”. Now when I go to the NetPublish site, I see the Master Key “Wolf” displayed along the left column BUT when I click on it, there are 25 results! I only want to display items that have the master keyword associated with them (Should be 20 items for “Wolf”).

After researching further, I think the NetPublish categories are searching through the Keywords and Description. I only want the NetPublish categories (generated from the Master Keyword List) to display the photos tagged with those Master Keywords.

Please advise! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Categories list in our NetPublish list is drawn from the Master Keywords list of the Portfolio catalog, but the searches that are performed when you click on one of the categories searches the Filename, Keywords, and Description fields.

It’s possible to modify the published Effevescence site to do what you want. Open the search.np file and look for a section that looks something like this:

<% processArray(masterKeywordList, %> <A HREF="/netpub/server.np?quickfind=<%= encodeEscapeURI(masterKeywordList[x]) %>&catalog=<%= catalogName %>&site=<%= encodeURI(Request.getParameter('site')) %>&sorton=Filename&template=results.np" TARGET="_parent"> <%= htmlEncode(masterKeywordList[x]) %> </A> <BR> <% ); %>

and modify it to look like this:

<% processArray(masterKeywordList, %> <A HREF="/netpub/server.np?find&field=Keywords&op=contains&value=<%= encodeEscapeURI(masterKeywordList[x]) %>&catalog=<%= catalogName %>&site=<%= encodeURI(Request.getParameter('site')) %>&sorton=Filename&template=results.np" TARGET="_parent"> <%= htmlEncode(masterKeywordList[x]) %> </A> <BR> <% ); %>