Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) Compatibility

Hello all,

I just wanted to give you an update on our El Capitan OS X 10.11 support plans.

We have recently resolved some reported security issues and continue to test our software for compatibility with the latest El Capitan OS X 10.11 preview.
Assuming there aren’t any additional changes affecting functionality, we will release a client update early the week of October 5th. This update will be provided FREE for all UTS 5 customers.

IMPORTANT: Please do not update your OS to El Capitan until all of your mission-critical applications are compatible.

I will provide an exact date update once El Capitan has been released.

NOTE: This update is client compatible only.
While there aren’t any known issues with Server compatibility we will not be “officially” testing at this time.
Please contact our tech support team for further information before updating.

Cheers,
Chris

Type Server - El Capitan

Hello all,

We are wrapping up our UTC update work for Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) compatibility and targeting next Thursday, October 8th for release.
I will provide the installer link to this post as soon as it’s available.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Chris

I guess you’re behind schedule.
When can we expect this update?

Hello scross28,

We are behind but only a little. The team had to sneak in a last minute fix for a Postscript activation issue in older CS apps.
See this post:
http://forums.extensis.com/t/el-capitan-sf6-and-postscript-t1-fonts-activation-problem/948/1

We are still moving toward the UTC update in the next few days.
I’ll post the link as soon as it’s available.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi, just looking for an update for El Capitan compatibility. I see that there was supposed to be something rolling out last week and was just wondering if there’s a more accurate date for when we can expect this.

Thanks!

Hello all,

Final release installers for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) support can be found here:
bin.extensis.com/UTC-5-2-1-M.zip

IMPORTANT - READ ME
There are important changes to security permissions in El Capitan that may affect using UTC. Review the following knowledgeable article before upgrading:
extensis.com/support/knowled … l-capitan/

Follow these instructions as needed.
Let us know if you continue to experience any problems with this upgrade.

Cheers,
Chris