Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Inconsistent Font Activation Failure: InDesign CS6 El Capitan

I’m getting unactivated fonts in InDesign but on an inconsistent basis. Scenario: New or existing ID doc; Activate a font or font family in Suitcase and it activates properly, but activate another font in Suitcase and select it in ID and I get a Helvetica default with the pink background. The font selection displays as [Font-name][Font-weight] (brackets).

I can then open another new ID document, select the same font and it activates properly, but copying and pasting it into the first document results in same failure to display properly. I don’t get error messages. The fonts just don’t activate.

I have repeatedly cleared the font cache in Suitcase and restarted. Sometimes the fonts will then activate in ID, but more likely not. This doesn’t happen in Illustrator or Photoshop CS6. I even tried deleting the problem fonts (there are many) and then re-adding them to Suitcase. Sometimes this works and sometimes not.

It doesn’t seem limited to older or newer fonts or PS or OTF or TTF formats. I can’t see any pattern to it. All of my fonts are sorted in folders and all are in the same location. I do not use FontVault. I’m using the Suitcase Auto-Activation plugin in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.

It’s making me crazy and making working frustrating and difficult. I never had this problem with prior versions of the Mac OS or Suitcase. Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for contacting Extensis Technical Support.

This is possibly being caused by an older or incorrect plug-in version being installed in your Adobe plug-ins folders. Please try the following to determine if it’s a plug-in issue:

Close all Adobe applications and then locate and remove the previous versions of the Extensis plug-ins from the following location(s): Application/[Adobe Application Name]/Plug-ins/Extensions/ExtensisFont…

Once the plug-in has been successfully removed, open the Suitcase Fusion application and select the Suitcase Fusion drop-down menu in the upper left corner next to the Apple menu. Then select Manage Plug-ins. Select the Adobe versions of the plug-ins you would like installed and click Done. Now launch your Adobe application(s) and see if everything is working as intended.

If this does not resolve the issue, please contact one of our Support Representatives using the link below:

https://www.extensis.com/company/contact-us/

Regards,

Extensis Support