Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Illustrator CC plug-in doesn't work - Updated

I’d love to purchase and use Suitcase 5, but only if the Illustrator CC plug-in works. I continue to receive this error when launching AI with the trial DL of Suitcase:

“The program can’t start because CoreFoundation_v11x64.dll is missing from your computer.”

I’ve found the solution for this online when it occurs with PS, but not for AI.

Already tried:

–Stopped Type Core
–Removed ExtensisFontManagementAICS7x64
–Restarted Suitcase
–Reinstalled AI CC 64 plugin
–Restarted AI

That didn’t have any effect. I have a ticket in but haven’t heard back from support. Any advice?

UPDATE:

Support provided me with the following attempted fix (unfortunately it didn’t work in my situation, but I’m sure it does in others):

[quote]your new error message points to a conflicting auto-activation plugin or a bad environment path variable.

Solution

[X] Backup SF5 fontvault

1. Open windows task manager (control + alt + delete)

2. Choose the processes tab

3. Locate “FMCore.exe” and click the “end process” button

4. Move your font vault (it contains copies of your fonts and font sets) to the desktop for safety:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Extensis\Suitcase Fusion\Suitcase Fusion.fontvault
NOTE: AppData is a hidden folder. In order to view it, choose Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab and check “Show hidden files and folders.”

[X] Remove SF5

1. Open windows task manager (Control + Alt + Delete)
  2. Choose the processes tab
  3. Locate “FMCore.exe” and click the “End Process” button
  4. Remove the following directory:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Extensis
NOTE: AppData is a hidden folder. In order to view it, choose Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab and check “Show hidden files and folders.”

1. Remove “Extensis Suitcase Fusion 5” through Start > Control Panel > Add & Remove Programs
  2. Choose Start > Run > Regedit and remove the following registry keys:
  •   Hkey_Current_User > Software > Extensis > Suitcase Fusion 5

•   Hkey_Local_Machine > Software > Extensis > Deactivated System Fonts

•   Hkey_Local_Machine > Software > Extensis > Suitcase Fusion 5

•   Hkey_Users > [long alphanumeric id] > Software > Extensis > Suitcase Fusion 5

1. Do a search for " ExtensisFontManagement" in the location of “C:\Program Files” and remove all occurrences

[X] Confirm Environment Variables

1. Follow the instructions here: itechtalk.com/thread3595.html to remove any references to Suitcase Fusion
  2. Restart the machine

[X] Reinstall SF5

1. Re-install SF5. You can download the current version here: extensis.com/support/product … -fusion-5/
  2. Even if you have an administrator account, run the install as an administrator: Right-Click > Run as Administrator
  3. Launch Suitcase Fusion 5

[X] Restore your SF5 fontvault

1. In SF5 choose Edit > Preferences > Type Core and press the “Stop FMCore” button
  2. Move your old fontvault back to the default SF5 fontvault location.
  3. Launch Suitcase Fusion 5

[X] Retest

1. Launch the design program that was giving you an error message.[/quote]

UPDATE 2:

I rebooted my machine for a different reason, and now the AI plug in does appear to be working. (Maybe I forgot to reboot before?) So I believe that fix did work.

(I am having some weird Windows issues now, but that’s what I usually just call “Tuesday”)