Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

How to kill Extensis process on iMac

Hi folks. I installed Portfolio Server on my iMac last year, and then uninstalled it (I thought) after deciding it wasn’t the right product for our team. When troubleshooting Mavericks on my Mac recently, I noticed something in my console logs that I would like erdaicate. It appears to be that the system is trying to run a process or access a file from when I had Portolfio installed on my iMac. Every 10 seconds or so I get the following in the log:

Nov 16 13:28:14 dhcp-128-32-20-54 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[147] (com.extensis.ooservice4mr[2552]): Exited with code: 127
Nov 16 13:28:14 dhcp-128-32-20-54 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[147] (com.extensis.ooservice4mr): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

I don’t know that it’s using significant CPU, but it goes on and on, and I would like to kill it once and for all.

Suggestions?

I’m on a 2011 iMac with Mavericks.

Thanks!

Michael

Hi mbaze,

That is a remnant of Open Office, which was required with previous versions of Portfolio Server. The errors will go away if you delete:

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.equilibrium.ooservice4mr.plist

and restart your server.

Hi Romeo,

Thanks for the reply. I don’t see that in my LaunchAgents folder. Is there more than one Library folder I should be looking in?

Michael

It should be in the LaunchAgents folder under the Library folder on the root of your hard drive. Is that the one you looked under?

Clicked on the home icon in the finder, then Library, then LibraryAgents.

Hi again,

OK, no need to go to ‘Home’. Just open your hard drive, then look for the Library folder. It will probably be right below the Applications folder.

Many thanks. That forced me to find my HD icon, which Apple has hidden in recent OS’s, and that allowed me to find the file and delete it. All seems good now.

Thanks again.

Michael