Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

How to create a keyword list in web client?

I am using Portfolio Server 10.2 without SQL. Also, using the desktop client, netpublish, and the web client.
1.Is it possible to create a dropdown keyword list in the web client?
2. If more than 15 catalogues are active, the performance in the web client is so terrible as to be unusable. Average size of the catalogues is 15k records without galleries. This is not the case when using a web site under Netpublish. Is there any solution?

The keywords list works of the same Master Keyword List (MKL) you use in the client. Select item(s) in the main pane of the web client. In the edit pane (right column of the web client UI) click the ‘add values’ button for Keywords. In the pop-up dialog, if an MKL is defined, there will be a drop-down list.

Actually, what I meant was: Is there a way to search using a dropdown keyword list, (not to add keywords)?
Also, can you reply my second question regarding poor performance?

The master keyword list is available to select from if you do an advanced search in the Web Client. It’s not available as a drop down against the QuickFind as that doesn’t search only on keywords. But if you expand to do an advanced search and select to search on Keywords, the Master Keyword List is available as a drop down to select from, and also filters as you start to type letters into the search box, if you don’t want to have to scroll through a large list.

As for performance you’re best contacting technical support directly, but most likely you’ve got too many watched folders set to continuous scanning and updating for the hardware it’s running on, and the server is probably running at high CPU as a result, leading to slower performance of the web client application. But that’s best to troubleshoot directly with support.

[quote=“CStevens”]The master keyword list is available to select from if you do an advanced search in the Web Client. It’s not available as a drop down against the QuickFind as that doesn’t search only on keywords. But if you expand to do an advanced search and select to search on Keywords, the Master Keyword List is available as a drop down to select from, and also filters as you start to type letters into the search box, if you don’t want to have to scroll through a large list.

As for performance you’re best contacting technical support directly, but most likely you’ve got too many watched folders set to continuous scanning and updating for the hardware it’s running on, and the server is probably running at high CPU as a result, leading to slower performance of the web client application. But that’s best to troubleshoot directly with support.[/quote]

Thanks very much for showing me where the master keywords list is in the web client. Even Support did not know and and said to put it as a request!

I contacted them also about the performance problem. All they said was that they were also able to reproduce the problem. I wonder if they will fix it?!

I can confirm the performance problem with multiple catalogs in the web client. I have 7 catalogs and tell my users to wait 30secs for the thing to load before even trying to use it.