Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Have to open PSDs twice for autoactivation to work

When I open a PSD in Photoshop all of my fonts have an exclamation mark, I then have to close and reopen the PSD file for the fonts to actually activate. This has been a problem since Suitcase Fusion 6 and Adobe CC 2015, I was hoping that upgrading to Suitcase Fusion 7 and Adobe CC 2017 would fix this problem but the problem is still there.

I work with Photoshop every day with multiple PSD files and am just getting tired of having to open everything twice. Will this be fixed in a future update?

Thanks for your question. Depending on the version of Adobe CC2015, Suitcase Fusion 6 is only compatible with the early releases (not the summer of 2016 release of CC2015). For more information please visit our Support Matrix here:
http://www.extensis.com/downloads/compatibility-guides/suitcase-fusion-compatibility-guide/

If this is not the issue, please contact Technical Support: https://www.extensis.com/company/contact-us/
8AM - 4PM PST

I’m using the latest Photoshop (CC 2017.1) and the latest Suitcase Fusion 7, I’m just saying that this issue with having to open PSD files twice has been present since the previous Adobe CC and Suitcase fusion.

After the Photoshop CC 2017.1 update the Suitcase Fusion 7 plugin is not working at all. Autoactivation isn’t working and when I activate fonts manually they do not appear in Photoshop, I have to close Photoshop, activate the fonts I want in suitcase, then open Photoshop again for the fonts to appear.

Thanks for the update. We are reviewing the issue further and should have more information for you soon.

Did this issue ever get resolved? I am using Suitcase Fusion 7 (18.2.4.117) and Photoshop 2017.1.1 (20170425.r.252 x64) and I have this same issue of needing to open a file twice to activate fonts. Also, if this is not going to get addressed, I am considering upgrading to Fusion 8—is it still a known issue or should files open and activate fonts the first time around?

Not sure how this forum works . . . like does Extensis monitor it to respond or is it just users online here? I’m wondering if the issue posted in this original thread regarding Photoshop auto activation ever got resolved? Or because this question pertains to version 7 does it mean no one will provide an answer because it’s no longer supported? Anyone?

Hi SWit4LCA,

Our support staff does monitor the Extensis Forums when time permits. Our Forums are for users like yourself to post topics and help others if/when possible. We see great posts from our users and have a great community of people assisting others with questions and issues.

We encourage anyone having issues or questions to contact our Support Team through our other Contact links posted on our main website. Or, contact our Teams our online ticketing system for issues requiring a quicker response using the link below:
https://secure.extensis.com/customer-service

For your topic, I would suggest creating a ticket and having one of our Support Representatives contact you.