Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Fusion 5 v 16.2.1 and Adobe CC 2014 issues

It’s working fine on this end as well. What version of Windows are you on, and what language?

Windows 8.1 64 bit (6.3.9600) International English. Photoshop 14 14.0.0 64 bit

Did you restart your PC after installing the update? The panels won’t show up until the system is restarted.

Yes. I did re-start the system. I even uninstalled Suitcase Fusion, turned off the anti-virus and re-installed. There is still no sign of the an entry for Extensis in Windows<Extensions, although the Kuler extension I have installed does show up. I have also tried turning off the Type Core, removing the plug-in (the properties of which show that it IS the correct version - last changed last Thursday) and re-starting Fusion. The plug-in is restored, but still no sign of the panel.

On WIndows 7 64 bit

I have it

:smiley:

I have now uninstalled Fusion. Removed all Extensis folders in the Appdata folder, removed all mention of Suitcase fusion from the registry, rebooted and re-installed. Still no panel. I must say, however, it looks very nice in gabryele’s screen shot. I am very jealous!

I can definitely confirm that the Extensis plug-in in Automate folder is the right version, unfortunately omn my system it don’t do a thing.

Anybody any ideas?

There might be a bug in the 16.2.3 installer. I’m investigating now and will follow-up when I know more.

Hello again,

I am able to reproduce the issue on the UK English version of Windows. Our developers are aware of the problem and are working on an update that addresses it. The update should be out soon. I’ll try to find a workaround for the short term.

FWIW, it also affects Mac users who have the International English version of Photoshop CC2014 installed.

OK, here’s a workaround:

1. Launch the Creative Cloud app.
  2. Change your Creative Cloud language preference to “English (North America)”
  3. Quit Creative Cloud app & re-launch
  4. Click Install button next to Photoshop CC (2014). This will install the North American English version of PS CC 2014.
  5. After the installation is complete, Photoshop.
  6. in Photoshop Preferences > Interface > UI Language, change to “English” (instead of “English: UK”)
  7. Go to the Window -> Extensions and select Extensis.

You may need to switch the Creative Cloud language preference back to English (International) afterwards. One person has reported that he’s been getting prompts to update his other Adobe apps to US English when he left it set to North American English.

Many thanks Romeo. Trust the Limeys to cause problems. I think I will wait for the new update. Hope it will not be long.

Agree same problem here (sigh) :frowning:

Yes, I’ve re-started etc etc. What am I supposed to clear/ reset now please?

davezarr,

Please check this post:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4609&start=60#p18456

Well, either I spoke too soon about this working properly or I dont know how to use the panel! Yes it loads up in Photoshop but say I have a text layer selected and I click (or double clickc) on one of the fonts listed in the panel - it doesnt change the font in the project. So basically my Extensis panel is just a list of whats available but I cant use any of these! Tried selecting from My Fonts as well as Google Fonts. Is everyone else able to click on these to substitute their selection, or am I not doing this properly?

Hello again,

Suitcase Fusion 16.2.4 will be released in the next day or so. For you forum users, here are direct links so you don’t have to wait:

Windows:

bin.extensis.com/SuitcaseFusion5-W-16-2-4.zip

Mac:

bin.extensis.com/SuitcaseFusion5-M-16-2-4.zip

This update addresses the Font Panel loading issue in Photoshop CC 2014 on International English systems.

Thanks for your patience!

Metrosuperstar:

The text layer needs to be selected, but not in edit mode, i.e. the you shouldn’t see the outline of the text box, then you should be able to change the fonts with the Font Panel.

I am happy to report that the latest version works fine with International English. However, there is one very minor issue: if you have many font digests - I use the letters of the Alphabet to organise my fonts= hence I have 26, there is no scroll bar on the font digest list window. This means you need to use a very deep Extensis panel in Photoshop in order to see your font digests. A minor matter, i know, but nontheless a little irritating

[quote=“Romeo Fahl”]Hello again,

Suitcase Fusion 16.2.4 will be released in the next day or so. For you forum users, here are direct links so you don’t have to wait:

Windows:

bin.extensis.com/SuitcaseFusion5-W-16-2-4.zip

Mac:

bin.extensis.com/SuitcaseFusion5-M-16-2-4.zip

This update addresses the Font Panel loading issue in Photoshop CC 2014 on International English systems.

Thanks for your patience![/quote]

Romeo,

I have checked the latest version in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator CC 2014 and I am getting a problem with the Photoshop extension apparently not being able to read the names of a small number of fonts. This does not happen in Illustrator or InDesign, where the font names are displayed correctly. Image below:

They are Thai/English fonts and I have a lot of them on my system. Strange that the Photoshop extension does not read the names whereas the other two apps do. No big deal really, but it would be nice if it could be resolved.

Regards,

Peter.

[quote=“Romeo Fahl”]Metrosuperstar:

The text layer needs to be selected, but not in edit mode, i.e. the you shouldn’t see the outline of the text box, then you should be able to change the fonts with the Font Panel.
[/quote]

I tried this and same thing. It doesnt change the font when I simply have the layer selected without the text highlighted. The proper behavior works only with the Photoshop built-in drop-down menu.

Maybe I need to reinstall Fusion. Looks like Im the only one reporting this!

I was about to reinstall when I did further testing. Heres whats going on. If I click a font in the Extensis Panel, it adds it to the Photoshop drop-down menu (of fonts) and THEN i can select it from there. But its a 3-step process:

1. Click the text layer I want to edit.
  2. Click the desired font from the Extensis panel.
  3. Scroll down the Photoshop font list until I find the one that Extensis added after I clicked it in the Extensis panel.

Is this really how its supposed to work? Wasnt like this before CC 14 if I recall…

[quote=“metrosuperstar”]I was about to reinstall when I did further testing. Heres whats going on. If I click a font in the Extensis Panel, it adds it to the Photoshop drop-down menu (of fonts) and THEN i can select it from there. But its a 3-step process:

1. Click the text layer I want to edit.
  2. Click the desired font from the Extensis panel.
  3. Scroll down the Photoshop font list until I find the one that Extensis added after I clicked it in the Extensis panel.

Is this really how its supposed to work? Wasnt like this before CC 14 if I recall…[/quote]

For me, it works like this:

1. Click on the text layer
  2. Click on the desired font in the Extensis panel and the font in the selected layer immediately changes.

I do not need to go to the Photoshop font dropdown list at all.

This is Photoshop CC 2104 x64 running on Win 8.1 x64 August Update.

I realise that this will not help you, but it does suggest that there is something wrong other than the Extensis extension.