Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Fusion 5 v 16.2.1 and Adobe CC 2014 issues

I can’t start Illustrator and Indesign with suitcase plugin activated, why other person can open these programs?
i dont’ understand
:confused:

No problems installing or running for me, but still no extensis fonts panel in Photoshop cc2014, under Window> Extensions.
There is the Extensis menu link under File> Automate. I’ve tried checking/ unchecking various boxes but still no fonts panel :cry:

Yes, I’ve also re-started the pc, which is running Win 7, 64. :wink:

These topic seems to be covering two different issues. File > Automate relates to the auto-activation plug-in for which some are having issues with installing/running the plugin. Window > Extensions > Extensis is the ‘Font Panel’ which is not yet available for Photoshop CC 2014, as mentioned by Romeo in Page 3 of this topic.

[quote]Dave,

There is no font panel for Photoshop CC 2014 yet. Adobe dropped Flash support for panels in Photoshop at the very last minute, which means we had to start over. Oddly enough, the InDesign and Illustrator teams allowed us to continue using Flash, which is why those two apps have panels.

We should have a new panel for Photoshop available by the end of July, hopefully sooner.[/quote]

There’s an update coming very shortly to help with some of the installation and other issues with the auto-activation plug-in. Another update will follow later that should add the new panel for Photoshop CC 2014.

[quote=“CStevens”]These topic seems to be covering two different issues. File > Automate relates to the auto-activation plug-in for which some are having issues with installing/running the plugin. Window > Extensions > Extensis is the ‘Font Panel’ which is not yet available for Photoshop CC 2014, as mentioned by Romeo in Page 3 of this topic.

[quote]Dave,

There is no font panel for Photoshop CC 2014 yet. Adobe dropped Flash support for panels in Photoshop at the very last minute, which means we had to start over. Oddly enough, the InDesign and Illustrator teams allowed us to continue using Flash, which is why those two apps have panels.

We should have a new panel for Photoshop available by the end of July, hopefully sooner.[/quote]

There’s an update coming very shortly to help with some of the installation and other issues with the auto-activation plug-in. Another update will follow later that should add the new panel for Photoshop CC 2014.[/quote]

OK, thanks Chris.

When posting notifications that a new version is ready to download, could the person posting the message from the Extensis team mention which of the two fixes it covers please, as we currently just get told generally that there’s a new updater & no further clarification. Saves us commenting/ downloading a version which doesn’t fix our issue.
Thanks.

I solved my problems with suitcase

:smiley:

Uninstalled Suitcase and deleted all files in particular vault fonts folder.
I cleaned registry and restarted Windows 7.
I re-installed suitcase and now i have working panels in indesign, illustrator and also photoshop:

Hi,

The Photoshop Font Panel is not available yet. Adobe made a last minute change in Photoshop that required us to rewrite the font panel from the ground up. This should be available by the end of July.

The Photoshop Font Panel is not available in Photoshop, but the autoactivation works!

:wink:

Important Note about Adobe Photoshop CC 2014
blog.extensis.com/adobe/extensis … c-2014.php
Adobe implemented a new technology for building font panels within Photoshop CC 2014. We are building new panels that work with this new technology and expect to release an update to Suitcase Fusion 5 and the Universal Type Client.
Font auto-activation for Photoshop CC 2014 is not affected, only the panel is delayed slightly.
A product update will be available for download soon.

[quote=“CMeyer”]Important Note about Adobe Photoshop CC 2014
blog.extensis.com/adobe/extensis … c-2014.php
Adobe implemented a new technology for building font panels within Photoshop CC 2014. We are building new panels that work with this new technology and expect to release an update to Suitcase Fusion 5 and the Universal Type Client.
Font auto-activation for Photoshop CC 2014 is not affected, only the panel is delayed slightly.
A product update will be available for download soon.[/quote]

Thanks for the news, Chris. Looking forward to the update.

Any news yet regarding the new plug-in for Photoshop CC 2014?

It’s near the end of July!

Thanks for following up.
The Suitcase update (v16.2.3) is scheduled to release next week (Tues. Aug 5) which includes the Photoshop panel.
Sorry for the delay.

[quote=“CMeyer”]Thanks for following up.
The Suitcase update (v16.2.3) is scheduled to release next week (Tues. Aug 5) which includes the Photoshop panel.
Sorry for the delay.[/quote]

Good news. Thanks. Looking forward to Tuesday!

Just tested the new extensions with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator x64 CC 2014, and everything appears to be working just fine. Thanks, Extensis. :mrgreen:

where download it?

The latest update to Suitcase Fusion 5 will be officially released later this week. For those of you reading this thread, you can download it a few days early:

bin.extensis.com/SuitcaseFusion5-W-16-2-3.zip

Yay! :slightly_smiling:

Do we need to uninstall the previous one first?

Hi,

No need to uninstall the previous version. The update installer will do the work for you.

So where is the Photoshop Panel? This latest release (16.2.3) seems exactly the same as the previous one. In the Photoshop Extensions there is still no sign of an Extensis panel.

I can confirm it installed and is working properly in Photoshop under Extensions -->Extensis.

Sorry metrosupersta,r but on my system under Windows>Extensions there is no sign of Extensis. I have an Extensis entry in the File>Automate just as I had in the previous version, but as for a font panel - it is not there. I have taken the Suitcase Fusion program off the system and re-installed it, but to no avail