Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Fusion 5 v 16.2.1 and Adobe CC 2014 issues

plugin suitcase 16.2.1 made an error when starting Indesign CC 2014 and it don’t open itself.

If I remove SUITCASE plugin, Indesign CC 2014 starts normally.

:angry:

OK, Romeo, I’m having the same problem not seeing the panel as others in PSCC2014, but I DO see the Extensis option under file>Automate. I’ve done as you suggested & made sure the “enable suitcase fusion 5 Auto-Activation” is checked, made sure I’ve closed down Photoshop & type core (& double checked in Windows Task Manager that both processes aren’t running) & then removed the file : ExtensisFontManagementPSCC2014x64.8li from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Plug-ins\Automate .
I then re-activated in in Suitcase fusion 5 as suggested, but still no Extensis panel showing in Photoshop CC2014 under the Window> Extensions menu like in Photoshop CC. I’ve watched the 8li file being re-installed so its back in the correct folder, I’ve tried re-starting Windows, but still no panel appears. I’ve tried manually killing the processes in Task Manager & removing the plugin & then re-starting before re-activating it via Fusion 5 again.
The latest version I’m installing is SuitcaseFusion5-W-16-2-1.zip
Any idea what’s wrong as I use this plugin many times a day for business purposes and its annoying to keep on working in CC and not the newer 2014 version?
Thanks. Dave.

dave, if you had read the thread you would know that they are working on a fix.

metrosuperstar, having read the thread before posting, my problem is not quite the same as the original poster.

The original poster and many others have mentioned they do not have the Extensis menu under File>Automate>. I do see that, but its still not showing the font panel for me.

The fix mentioned may be only for those who do not see the menu, so I’ve shared my slightly different problem as this may be related to a different solution that isn’t covered by the fix.

[quote=“davezarr”]

The original poster and many others have mentioned they do not have the Extensis menu under File>Automate>. I do see that, but its still not showing the font panel for me.

The fix mentioned may be only for those who do not see the menu, so I’ve shared my slightly different problem as this may be related to a different solution that isn’t covered by the fix.[/quote]

You do not have a problem. The lack of an Extensis panel in Photoshop is normal for this release.

[quote=“idguy”]

The fix mentioned may be only for those who do not see the menu, so I’ve shared my slightly different problem as this may be related to a different solution that isn’t covered by the fix.

You do not have a problem. The lack of an Extensis panel in Photoshop is normal for this release.[/quote]

Hi Idguy. When you say “lack of an Extensis panel in Photoshop is normal for this release”, do you mean the panel found under "File>Automate>"or the panel in CC which shows the list of Google/ System/ Webink fonts found under “Window>Extensions”? The first, I have, the second I don’t have but have had for previous versions of Photoshop.

This is most definitely a problem as both should be there.

Dave,

There is no font panel for Photoshop CC 2014 yet. Adobe dropped Flash support for panels in Photoshop at the very last minute, which means we had to start over. Oddly enough, the InDesign and Illustrator teams allowed us to continue using Flash, which is why those two apps have panels.

We should have a new panel for Photoshop available by the end of July, hopefully sooner.

[quote=“Romeo Fahl”]Dave,

There is no font panel for Photoshop CC 2014 yet. Adobe dropped Flash support for panels in Photoshop at the very last minute, which means we had to start over. Oddly enough, the InDesign and Illustrator teams allowed us to continue using Flash, which is why those two apps have panels.

We should have a new panel for Photoshop available by the end of July, hopefully sooner.[/quote]

Ok, thanks for the info Romeo.

I read about the problem initially on blog.extensis.com/adobe/extensis … c-2014.php
As I read further down it appeared that Jim Kidwell was saying the problem I’ve mentioned had been fixed & the update had solved it, however after searching the forums & finding this thread, it seemed it hadn’t. I guess I’m confused as Jim initially posted that “Font auto-activation for Photoshop CC 2014 is not affected, only the panel is delayed slightly”, then further down in the conversations Jim said on June 25, 2014 at 9:31 am that new installers were now live along with other posts confirming fixes.

Any idea what Jim was saying was fixed then and other commenters saying it now works too after the update?

A month is a long time to wait :cry:

nobody has problems with indesign?

:frowning:

Gabryele,

Yes, this issue affects InDesign and Photoshop CC 2014 on Windows 8.1. One person reported the issue on Windows 7, but we haven’t been able reproduce it in that OS.

Our developers have started working on this. I can’t communicate a timeline yet, but we will release an update as soon as we can.

[quote=“Romeo Fahl”]Gabryele,

Yes, this issue affects InDesign and Photoshop CC 2014 on Windows 8.1. One person reported the issue on Windows 7, but we haven’t been able reproduce it in that OS.

Our developers have started working on this. I can’t communicate a timeline yet, but we will release an update as soon as we can.[/quote]

ok!
I use Windows 7 64 bit e Indesign 64 bit.

[quote=“Romeo Fahl”]Gabryele,

Our developers have started working on this. I can’t communicate a timeline yet, but we will release an update as soon as we can.[/quote]

Sorry to trouble you, but is there any progress on the new Photoshop and InDesign plug-ins? One month seems a very long time to wait.

Thanks.

FYI: We’re getting close to releasing an update to address this issue. Could be any day now.

Thank you for your patience!

Hello again,

Here’s a direct link to the updated installer:

bin.extensis.com/SuitcaseFusion5-W-16-2-2.zip

Let me know if you have any issues with it.

Indesign don’t open itself

and now also illustrator will not open:

In Photoshop doesn’t appear the Extensis windows.

I’m on Windows 7 64 bit.

I have just downloaded the new installer 16.2.2. I have uninstalled 16.2.1 and rebooted my machine.

After installing the new version 16.2.2, the results are:

On opening Photoshop CC 2014 x64, I get this message on the screen:

After clicking OK, Photoshop continues to load but there is no sign of Suitcase Fusion at all.

On opening Illustrator CC 2014 x64, I get these messages on screen:

After clicking OK on both messages, Illustrator continues to load. The Suitcase Fusion Window is visible and has a black background with a circle of white dots spinning. The dots spin forever without showing the fonts that are installed on my system.

Conclusion: The situation is worse than before because Suitcase Fusion worked with Illustrator in v. 16.2.1; the situation with Photoshop is still the same - Suitcase Fusion does not work at all.

Back to the drawing board, lads.

Please restart your PC. The installer is supposed to prompt you to restart, if not it’s got a bug.

Seems that you have a bug as the installer did not prompt me to reboot.

After reboot, SF is working in Illustrator with the font selection panel showing the fonts in my system.

However, in Photoshop, I do not see the font selection panel.

There is a menu item in Photoshop under File > Automate > Extensis which gives several options to choose from.

When I load an image that has a ‘missing’ font, SF finds the font automatically.

But, where is the Photoshop font selection panel? How do I turn that on?

A little additional information:

In Illustrator CC 2014, under the Window > Extensions menu, I can see/select the Extensis plugin.

However, in Photoshop CC 2014, under the Window > Extensions menu, there is no option to select Extensis.

Exactly the same for me. There is no way to get the Extensis Font panel in Photoshop. It does not appear in the list of available extensions.