There are many moving parts here that could be contributing to the issue you are experiencing. My first thought is for you to make sure Suitcase activated fonts are recognized by OS X and available to other applications.
A quick check is to check out your Mac’s (built-in) Fonts System Report.
- With the font active in Suitcase
- Navigate to Applications > Utilities > System Information
- This will launch your system’s information report
- In the left content margin navigate and select Software > Fonts
- Search the list for one of the missing fonts and determine if it is “enabled”
- An second quick check is to view it using another application - (i.e. Textedit)
- If the font is not listed in the system report or available in Textedit then the problem may be within Suitcase
- If the font is present in both the system information report and Textedit then the problem is likely to be related to stale font caches or with Photoshop specifically.
Here are some top-of-mind ideas that may guide you toward a resolution:
A. OS X or Adobe .fnt caches may need to be purged so the font menu in Photoshop can update the recently activated fonts.
Note: Purging these cache files is relatively harmless and allows both OS X and Adobe applications to reset their font menus.
Clearing Mac OS X font caches - osxdaily.com/2015/01/08/clear-fo … -mac-os-x/
Clearing Adobe Font.lst cache files - https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-fonts-mac-os-x.html
Troubleshooting OS X Font issues - helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/glob … -os-x.html
General OS X Font Troubleshooting - macissues.com/2014/04/18/how … s-in-os-x/
B. You didn’t mention it but if you are using OS X 10.11 you could be dealing with a recently introduced file permissions issue that has impacted Suitcase when font files are stored in non-home folder locations.
There is a good knowledgebase article here for you to check out.
C. If you are still unable to figure out why fonts aren’t displaying in Photoshop then email our Support Team and we’ll work through the details and help you out - email@example.com
I hope this helps.