Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

FontManagementUI will not run

Hi (=

I wanted to try out Suitcase Fusion 4 however after installing it and trying to run it, FontManagementUI starts and then disappears from my Task Manager (if I didn’t check with the Task Manager, I’d have to say it was not running at all) I can see the FMCore and FMRenderer running for a while though and trying to run FontManagementUI after FMRenderer disappears still results in the same thing.

The log for FontManagementUI keeps showing the following set of errors:

Starting FontManagementUI version 15.0.4.498...
[MercuryWrapper]	[Error]	Error='GMercuryWrapper::kUnknownError'  File='..\..\src\GMercuryWrapper.cpp'  Line=184  Expression='RunModeToErrorCode(runMode)'  Code='83914764'  
[Database]	[Error]	Error='CoreErrorCodes::kFatalError'  File='..\..\src\GMystiqueSql.cpp'  Line=13339  Expression='rs.GetRowCount() != 1'  Code='33554432'  
[FontActivation]	[Error]	Error='CoreErrorCodes::kFatalError'  File='..\..\src\GFontActivationUtils_Win.cpp'  Line=1229  Expression='getAssetIDError'  Code='33554432'  
[FontActivation]	[Error]	Error='CoreErrorCodes::kFatalError'  File='..\..\src\GFontActivationUtils_Win.cpp'  Line=1125  Expression='RemoveOrphanedRegistryKeys(postscriptFontsKey)'  Code='33554432'  
Database]	[Error]	Error='CoreErrorCodes::kFatalError'  File='..\..\src\GMystiqueSql.cpp'  Line=13339  Expression='rs.GetRowCount() != 1'  Code='33554432'  
FontActivation]	[Error]	Error='CoreErrorCodes::kFatalError'  File='..\..\src\GFontActivationUtils_Win.cpp'  Line=1229  Expression='getAssetIDError'  Code='33554432'  
[FontActivation]	[Error]	Error='CoreErrorCodes::kFatalError'  File='..\..\src\GFontActivationUtils_Win.cpp'  Line=1126  Expression='RemoveOrphanedRegistryKeys(systemFontsKey)'  Code='33554432'  

I also can’t run the latest version of Suitcase Fusion 3 but I can run SF3 v14.05 just fine.

Hi,

I´m having the same problem. I usually work with SUitcase Fusion 3 when this starts to happen then I updated to version 4. The update doesn´t fixed the problem.
I have Windows 7 and read in somewere that some automatic updates from Microsoft caused this bug. Anyone knows something about?
What is the position of Extensis?

Having the same issue. Called tech support during their office hours but got an automated reply to call back later. Any fixes yet?

I’m having the same problem, any solution?

If you’re getting the same repeated error as showing above, you’re best to contact technical support directly since the error suggests that you have ‘oprhaned registry entries’ point to fonts that are ‘activated’ but perhaps are no longer available on the machine. It would require looking into your Windows registry to ascertain what registry keys are there and thus best handled directly with support, maybe even best with a telephone call to one of our offices to talk through what you see to help resolve it.

But without knowing if you have the same errors it could be something else entirely. For example, another known issue with the application not launching on Windows is if the installed ‘Bonjour for Windows’ process is not started. I’ve seen some instances where manually clicking to start it fails, and thus Suitcase can’t launch either. Again our support teams could assist with getting this to work too.