Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Error using encrypted passwords to connect to Portfolio 2016

After updating from v2.0.2 to v2.5.3, our batch uploading program was not able to establish a connection with the server. First we encountered the error “The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine.” Adding “request2.ServicePoint.Expect100Continue = false;” to the Assest SEIService.cs file seemed to fix this, but now the following error surfaced:

; nested exception is: extensis.esp.exception.InvalidCredentialsException

After some investigating, I found that the two encrypted passwords used in the program (one for the Portfolio user and one to access the program settings), are broken. If I enter the unencrypted passwords into the code, there are no errors.

I don’t know enough about this code to figure out why adding the above mentioned line make the encrypted passwords stop working. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Hi,

Are you fetching the server’s public key and re-encrypting the password each time the script is run? If not, you should! The server can create a new public key from time to time, so you should not assume you can just store the encrypted password and always use it.

-Loren