Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Could not open the font vault

Fresh (New) install of Adobe CC 2015 and Just Purchased Suitcase Fusion 6 and after install and reboot I get this error:

Suitcase Fusion could not open the Font Vault.
(Error code: klPCClientServiceUnavailable)

Thanks for the post of your Error.
Our freshly installed System (Windows 10 - 64bit & Adobe CC) brings excatly the same error.

Maybe this error is related to the Posts that are mentioned here:
Thread Name
"Adobe Creative Cloud (2015) Compatibility"
http://forums.extensis.com/t/adobe-creative-cloud-2015-compatibility/902/1

As mentioned there the Support Team is allready working on an update for Windows 10 that will be release end of this week.
Check out the last postings in the thread that I mentioned.

Kind regards
Anis

I found out that the new update 16.02 brought up the same error.
On my System Windows 10 - 64bit

After I searched the error message online I founded just in the threads in the kaspersky Forums.
The test after deinstallation of kaspersky showed the error disapeard and suitcase is working just as it should.

Kaspersky is some how blocking suitcase from running even when kaspesky is deactivated and ended.
Just the Deinstallation helped till now.
The Kaspersky Beta Version 16.0.0614 and the Version 15.0.2.361 doesnt work ether.
Sadfully I decided to go with an other Virus protection.

Any solution advise?

I have nothing to add to the original post – just wanted to add a “me too”… I’m also getting the error and had to de-install ZoneAlarm (which uses kaspersky) to get Suitcase 6 to work with WIndows 10. I’m relying on Windows Defender at the moment. The folks at ZoneAlarm were not helpful and of course pointed back to Suitcase as the problem… ugh…

Any advice or help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

So, to me. It seems to be a general problem :frowning:

Does anyone have a resolution for this as I have the same problem, I haven’t been able to activate any new fonts I have purchased/downloaded lately due to this problem.

I am running Windows 8 and using Kaspersky if that help?

Thanks

mattm3,

The only solution I found was to dump Kaspersky in favor of a different engine… right now I’ve settle on Windows 10 Defender… I ran some test hacks to get into my system and it seems to be doing ok… Other than dumping Kaspersky I haven’t found any other work-around / fix.

Take care

[quote=“rmerkle”]mattm3,

The only solution I found was to dump Kaspersky in favor of a different engine… right now I’ve settle on Windows 10 Defender… I ran some test hacks to get into my system and it seems to be doing ok… Other than dumping Kaspersky I haven’t found any other work-around / fix.

Take care[/quote]

That’s annoying as I have been using Kaspersky for so many years and obviously don’t want to have to dump something that I have already paid for.

Does anyone know if this is a Kaspersky or Extensis problem as I have got in touch with Kaspersky about it and they are currently investigating it I think.

I agree it is annoying… the implementation I had of Kaspersky was ZoneAlarm… ZoneAlarm technical folks ran from this and pointed to Suitcase (I really didn’t expect anything less)… However, (and I’m not versed enough in the technical details) I think this is more of a Kaspersky problem. Since Suitcase is a legitimate program I could see Kaspersky flagging an issue and asking for permission for whatever function is being used by Suitcase… but to interfere with Suitcase to the point of crashing it seems to me to be the fault of Kaspersky. But that is just a non-tech sitting back arm-chairing the issue. Maybe Suitcase is violating some sacred rule…

Would be nice if SuitCase techs would investigate but there only seems to be a handful of folks reporting the issue… And of those reporting the issue it seems that the problems are Kaspersky and Windows op system… I know Extensis doesn’t seem to pay as much attention to Windows folks as Macs (seems more Mac user than Windows for Suitcase)…

Good luck… if you find out anything be sure to jump back in and let us know…

[quote=“rmerkle”]I agree it is annoying… the implementation I had of Kaspersky was ZoneAlarm… ZoneAlarm technical folks ran from this and pointed to Suitcase (I really didn’t expect anything less)… However, (and I’m not versed enough in the technical details) I think this is more of a Kaspersky problem. Since Suitcase is a legitimate program I could see Kaspersky flagging an issue and asking for permission for whatever function is being used by Suitcase… but to interfere with Suitcase to the point of crashing it seems to me to be the fault of Kaspersky. But that is just a non-tech sitting back arm-chairing the issue. Maybe Suitcase is violating some sacred rule…

Would be nice if SuitCase techs would investigate but there only seems to be a handful of folks reporting the issue… And of those reporting the issue it seems that the problems are Kaspersky and Windows op system… I know Extensis doesn’t seem to pay as much attention to Windows folks as Macs (seems more Mac user than Windows for Suitcase)…

Good luck… if you find out anything be sure to jump back in and let us know…[/quote]

I agree, it would be great if we could get some response back about it. I have also noticed that it does seem to be people with Kaspersky but I would have thought the error code would mean something to the tech guys at Extensis.

I will definitely update on any news I hear back from Kaspersky (if I hear back that is)

Thanks for you help rmerkle :slightly_smiling:

Received a reply from Kaspersky support this morning… Here’s what they said

[quote]Dear customer,

Thank you once again for your patience.

According to our experts, this is a bug of our product.

Our developers have been informed and a bug number (1016006) was issued for it. This bug number was added to your ticket and we will inform you as soon as a fix becomes available.

Unfortunately there is no workaround available either.

We apologize for the inconvenience. [/quote]

mattm3,

Well wow … that is more headway then I’ve received!! Glad you got a response back. Now we’ll just have to wait to see if they get around to fixing it…

Thanks for the update appreciate the follow up…

Take care,

Bob

[quote=“rmerkle”]mattm3,

Well wow … that is more headway then I’ve received!! Glad you got a response back. Now we’ll just have to wait to see if they get around to fixing it…

Thanks for the update appreciate the follow up…

Take care,

Bob[/quote]

No problem :slightly_smiling: I’m surprised at the response as well!

I will update this thread when I hear back from them, hopefully it will be soon.

Hey, just wanted to leave a ‘me too’ on this thread as well for the same error message / code on launch (or failure to launch) of Suitcase. From my limited understanding it seems Suitcase isn’t playing well with Kaspersky – I’ve deactivated / turned protection off to no avail so I’m assuming it’s a little more complex than that. Hopefully don’t have to throw a year’s subscription down the drain just for Suitcase to run!

Fingers crossed for an update/resolution soon.

[quote=“profileryan”]Hey, just wanted to leave a ‘me too’ on this thread as well for the same error message / code on launch (or failure to launch) of Suitcase. From my limited understanding it seems Suitcase isn’t playing well with Kaspersky – I’ve deactivated / turned protection off to no avail so I’m assuming it’s a little more complex than that. Hopefully don’t have to throw a year’s subscription down the drain just for Suitcase to run!

Fingers crossed for an update/resolution soon.[/quote]

I’ve had to stop using Kaspersky for now until it’s resolved. I haven’t heard anything back from Kaspersky yet, may chase them up soon.

Yeah, don’t expect a fix anytime soon. Kaspersky was made of this issue well over two years ago…

forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=273267

and nothing has been done to fix the problem. However, I don’t exonerate Extensis for washing their hands of the problem. How is it that it’s only their product that doesn’t work when running Kaspersky out of thousands out there that do? They’ve done nothing to help solve the problem and their answer is simply to stop using Suitcase or Kaspersky instead of helping to come up with a real solution.

And now, after not running Suitcase in about 2 weeks, it’s simply stopped working for me and will not open. I’ve tried reinstalling, shutting off Windows Defender (in case it is no longer compatible with yet another AV system), restarting, etc. etc. The core is running but the UI will not open.

I received this reply from Kaspersky Support.

[quote]Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Since we have tagged the issue appropriately, there most likely is not an update to offer you, as you would have been notified if there was a fix available.

However, we are more than happy to escalate the issue again to our Moscow HQ and inquire whether there is some sort of progress report we can provide to you.

Please wait for our updated reply. [/quote]

Hi all,

I received this from Kaspersky today and at the moment with Kaspersky installed Suitcase Fusion works but I remember it did this before so I will continue to see if it does work 100%