Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Continuous prompt to Group Fonts by Family

I click on one of my libraries in the left pane.
Then on the bottom pane, I click on the font folder. (Helvetica Neue LT) for example.

If I so much as breathe while clicking on the folder, an annoying message box appears:

-=-=-=-=-
Group Fonts by Family
-=-=-=-=-
Are you sure you want to move the selected fonts into this family group? This will change the family grouping.
-=-=-=-=-
[Yes] [No]

umm … no, I do NOT want to move any fonts. I was NOT clicking and dragging. I am simply clicking on the folder so that I can select it, and then click the Activate button. 9 times out of 10 when simply clicking on a font folder to select it, I get this pop-up message.

Why is Suitcase so touchy? I am NOT trying to move fonts.

Yes, I know I can check the ‘Do not show this message again’ but that makes things worse - clicking on a font folder now MOVES it into another folder and my font organization goes to hell.

I am running Suitcase 6 (v17.2.3.638929) on Windows 10.

The program is also very slow so half the time I am working in Suitcase I am not sure if I need to repeat my click or wait for it to catch up.

Hi Eric,
The Forums aren’t monitored by the Support team, as they are generally for peer to peer interactions. Contacting Support, with the link below, may be a better alternative to get your issue resolved.

https://www.extensis.com/company/contact-us/

Kind Regards,
Josh Hallenbeck
Customer Service

OK thank you. I will do that.