Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Context menu font missing after install

I just did a completely clean install, and Suitcase was the last thing I installed. When Suitcase asked if I wanted to disable non essential system fonts I chose yes. After reboot, I immediately realized fonts are missing from programs, with the biggest offender being the context menu.

I was able to reactivate everything except for the special characters; can’t for the life of me figure out what font needs activation to bring these back. Greater/Less than symbols, stars, and possibly others are the missing ones, and they’re missing all over in random places.

Any idea how to get this fixed? Including a screenshot.

EDIT: Ended up pulling fonts from the Windows folder of a backup and reinstalling all of them manually, that fixed the issue. I would however be wary of the option in the installer as it’s possible it can cause this same problem for other users.

Did you ever find the solution? In case it ever happens again: first, DO NOT check ‘disable non-essential fonts’… that indeed is the culprit. Second, hopefully you did a system restore before installing. If so, uninstall Suitcase completely, do the restore then reinstall Suitcase without checking that box…

As this is nearly a year later, it probably doesn’t matter anymore but maybe it will help someone else.