Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Can't delete Windows 7 fonts from Windows font folder

I have just migrated from XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and installed SF5. I am starting to rebuild and reorganize my fonts after many years of using ATM Deluxe.

Following the suggestions that Extensis has posted here: http://www.extensis.com/support/knowledge-base/suitcase-fusion-5-recommendations-for-windows-7/ to streamline one’s setup and establish an efficient workflow, I have attempted to delete the fonts in my Windows font folder several times, including As Administrator. However, they don’t seem to delete - see attached screenshot.

I realize that a few system fonts will remain in place. But the folder still has 70 fonts in it. I had deactivated all fonts in SF5 and stopped the core as directed. Have I missed something?

Intel Core Duo CPU @ 3 GHz + 3 GB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT video card; CS5 & QXP8.

Hi,

Looks like you did it right. Windows 7 has about 70 protected fonts that it will put back into C:\Windows\Fonts if you try to delete them. We don’t know of a way to remove more than that.

Ok, thanks - I’ll carry on then.