Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Bug or Feature? I can't tell but I want to fix it

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature but every time I launch the main window of Suitcase (1⌘) about 15 to 20 seconds after inactivity the main window closes or disappears. The software is working fine and doesn’t crash or hang or quit, it just closes the main window. This doesn’t happen if I am scrolling through the fonts or searching or anything else. If I just open the window and look at my fonts (I have to do that sometimes to decide what I want to use) and there in inactivity for 15 to 20 seconds the window closes. I tried looking in the preference and in the menu for an option to either prolong the window from closing or turn off this feature. I can still use the program fine it’s just really annoying.

I am running Mac OSX 10.11.6 and have Suitcase Fusion 7 v18.2.0 (1282) installed.

I’ve tried deleting my pref file and that does not help.

A few questions:

• Do you have any programs running in the background that could be conflicting with our application - Virus, Cleaning, Firewall or other applications you could turn off temporarily to see if there is a conflict?
  • What version of Suitcase Fusion are you using and on what version of macOS?

Thanks

No virus, cleaning or firewall software running on my system. I did however restart my system and stopped all apps from running. Only software I was running was the suitcase app and it still turned on and off.

Version and software I am running are listed above in my original post.

Any chance you could create a new (test) user account on your computer and see if you get the same results?

Just tried it with same results. The main window actually closed much faster and often in the new user account.

Never received an answer to this bug issue and it is still making me nuts! Anyone know why my main viewer keeps randomly disappearing when I am viewing fonts. No rhyme or reason for this occurrence. Currently using 18.2.4

Please file a ticket with our Support Team here:
https://help.extensis.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=767108&whoAmILong=Extensis&cmsUrl=www.extensis.com&whoAmI=EXT&cdnUrl=%24{cdnUrl}&isAnon=true&languageTag=en-US

They will be able to assist you with some additional steps or contact you by phone to setup a remote session to see what is going on.