Hello Uwe Alexander,
I was browsing our user-to-user forums and noticed your inquiry. It’s important to understand the Extensis Support Team doesn’t monitor these forums. They are provided for the Extensis user community to communicate between themselves. So it is likely your questions may go unanswered.
The best way to get proper help is to email us directly. Our address is: email@example.com
With that said, I’ve reviewed your question.
It’s not likely UTC is interfering with your character spacing. As far as I know, there haven’t been any changes made to font handling between these UTC versions.
- It is very difficult for us to view your screenshots - the resolution is too low.
- Can you provide higher resolution ones so we can see what’s going on?
- Are you running this test on the same computer or two different ones?
- What application is the file created with? I see you’re displaying in in an Automation Engine application.
- Is this part of the Esko product suite?
- Do you automate your prepress process using a particular workflow? Understanding what you are doing in your environment may help us figure out what’s going on with your document character spacing.
Extensis Product Management, Font Solutions