Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Adobe Creative Cloud (2015) Compatibility

Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed response. I’m on the road this week and my Internet access has been spotty.

Here is an installer that addresses the reported Illustrator issues.
bin.extensis.com/SuitcaseFusion6-W-17-2-1.zip
Please try it out and report back any remaining issues.

Also I hear your concerns about the InDesign font activation progress dialog and will investigate a fix as soon as possible.
I will keep you posted on that work.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,
It’s the same version# as the one from last week. So I had to uninstall first before I could install this one. My reward is that now the Illustrator plugin is working as to be expected. Thumbs up! Another problem solved, keep up the good work.
As far as I’m concerned, there is only one to go: InDesign.

Sorry, my apologies Jan.

In my hurry, I should have informed the version number is the same and requires an uninstall first.
Thanks for the quick feedback.
If anyone else has positive or negative comments regarding this build please let me know as soon as you can.

Cheers,
Chris

Hello all,

Based on positive feedback, we have decided to release these versions of the plugins so that our wider base of customers can have the compatibility the need for CC2015 in Windows.

We will look to address the newly discussed font activation progress bar issue in InDesign and provide it to you in a separate dot release. I will assess when we can deliver it and get back to you with more details (I may start a new post).

Also if you reported other issues through the product team in this post we will continue to resolve those problems as well.

Thanks again for all your support. Please keep the feedback coming and as always you can reach out to me directly if needed (cmeyer@extensis.com).

Cheers,
Chris

I have the same problem:“Error code kIPCClientServiceUnavailable” with CS6 and windows 10 64 bits.

Yesterday I had to install windows 10 and CS6 and then the standalone app worked well and indesign too
(only for a short time).
With Photoshop and illustrator there was a error with UNIVERSAL TYPE CLIENT not compatible with UNIVERSAL TYPE .

Today i have the same problem :“Error code kIPCClientServiceUnavailable”. Could not open the Font Vault at the location.

I´ve done all what i know…FMcore stopping …Reinstalling SF6…cleaning registry…it doesn´t work.

Here is the solution from Extensis Support, of course it doesnt work for me:
extensis.com/support/knowled … fontvault/

I will uninstall Kaspersky Internet security tonight and I will try again.

Any idea when the InDesign font activation progress dialog issue will be resolved? It looks like this thread kinda died out…

Yes, I hope for a solution soon too. A work around is to disable auto-font activation as soon as you have loaded the file. Don’t forget to enable it if you want to open another file.
But of course it’s a lot better when it works as to be expected…

Hello all,

Sorry for the delay. We will be able to provide you with an update soon to resolve the activation progress dialog.
The team is currently finishing up other scheduled updates and will get your fix out right after.

I’m out of the office until Tuesday so I’ll get back with you all next week with our targeted release date.

Cheers,
Chris

[quote=“CMeyer”]Hello all,

Sorry for the delay. We will be able to provide you with an update soon to resolve the activation progress dialog.
The team is currently finishing up other scheduled updates and will get your fix out right after.

I’m out of the office until Tuesday so I’ll get back with you all next week with our targeted release date.

Cheers,
Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your update. I have no doubts that you will sort out the problem with InDesign. Have a nice weekend.

Jan.

Bumping the thread, because it’s been a couple of weeks - still no fix for the font activation pop-up issue. Any updates?

V Pratt,

Fall is always a busy time at Extensis but I haven’t forgotten you.
The work is queued up for release installers and QA testing but not yet moving forward.
I realize that’s not the answer you want to hear but I’m trying to get my hands on a prerelease in the meanwhile for you to check out.

I promise to get it to you as soon as I can. Not sure when that will be yet but I’ll keep working on it.

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks Chris…

hello chris,

any update/fix for this problem with Suitcase and InDesign CC2015?

While working with Indesign CC 2015 and Suitcase Fusion (using the work-around by disiabling it as soon as the document has loaded) another issue is introduced:
It takes quite a long time before the necessary fonts are loaded. In the previous versions this was almost instantly, but now it takes about a minute before the document shows itself the way it should.

I hope a better working update is coming soon…

Have nice holidays you all.

Greetings,

We have a pre-release build of our next Suitcase Fusion update available that is expected to resolve the following issues:

Remove flashing “Finding Fonts” dialog in InDesign (and other Adobe apps)
Illustrator performance improvements
Fix broken panels in CC 2015

Feel free to test this out and report any feedback here or in a private message. This is a pre-release that has not been completely tested but should be suitable for normal use. If you experience any additional troubles with this release please let me know.

Suitcase Fusion 6 (v 17.2.2): bin.extensis.com/SuitcaseFusionWinBeta121715.zip

I will be actively monitoring these forums for any feedback.

Thanks!
Ryan C Brown
Extensis Font Management QA

Thanks Ryan!
Font panel is back in PS CC2015.1.1 !
Will test it more today :wink:

• Mariella

An early Christmas present! Thanks, seems to have fixed my issue…