Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Adobe Creative Cloud (2015) Compatibility

Hey all,

I just wanted to update you with our progress.
We are planning to release our Mac CC2015 plugins next week (hopefully by Wednesday 7/8). Windows versions will ship shortly after we test them thoroughly. Sorry Windows users we’ll get your plugins as fast as we can.

We have found an issue in Photoshop we will need to ship with but are working with Adobe directly to resolve it. Most may not run into it but I will provide more details when we ship.

As a side note, we do not support moving older plugins to the newer CC applications. Keep in mind that Adobe’s SDKs change between CC versions and using older plugins may crash your applications as you’ve reported here.
There is a compatibility article here:
extensis.com/support/knowled … loud-2015/

By the way - We have addressed that Photoshop crasher issue in the new plugin.

Thanks and I’ll provide you with a download link as soon as it’s ready.

PS. We appreciate these type of discussions to help us reflect on your needs and I personally appreciate when you all keep it professional.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Chris!

Yes… thanks indeed!

Hello all,

Hot off the presses, CC2015 plugins for Mac are now available:
bin.extensis.com/SuitcaseFusion6-M-17-1-0.zip

We will officially launch tomorrow, Wednesday 7/8. All registered users will be notified by email as well as by our in-Suitcase notification system.

Thanks for your patience and please let me know if you encounter any issues when upgrading.

Note: For you naughty techies who tried to use older plugins, please remove them before installing these new ones. :wink:

Cheers,
Chris

Hot Dang!
Downloading now, thanks Chris!!

Also downloading now.

THANKS!

Anyone else getting this Alert when opening Photoshop CC 2015:
ALERT
The Extensis plug-in could not locate a running copy of the FMCore application. Auto-activation plug-in functionality will be disabled.

That seems to be a problem only with Photoshop. BTW, I am using the current version of Suitcase 6 v17.1.0. Any one have this problem or a solution?

[quote=“BWDeowulff”]Anyone else getting this Alert when opening Photoshop CC 2015:
ALERT
The Extensis plug-in could not locate a running copy of the FMCore application. Auto-activation plug-in functionality will be disabled.

That seems to be a problem only with Photoshop. BTW, I am using the current version of Suitcase 6 v17.1.0. Any one have this problem or a solution?[/quote]

So such alerts here - seems to b e working fine for me so far.
MacPro 2012 3.33GHz 6-Core, Mac OS 10.9.5 Mavericks, SF 6 v17.1.0

I’m running MAC OS 10.10.4 Yosemite. Maybe that’s the problem. Any one?

Actually I am running 10.10.4 Yosemite on my 2011 MacBook Pro with the latest SF 6 upgrade, no problems there either.

It should be noted (and maybe it is somewhere else) that if you install the beta of OS X El Capitan, Fusion is once again broken—regardless of the Adobe CC version you are running.

BWDeowulff,

If you are still experiencing an incompatible FMCore issue please shutdown Suitcase and Photoshop and follow the instructions in the following article:
extensis.com/support/knowled … -continue/

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

PS. GraphicMac - we will investigate incompatibilities in upcoming versions of Mac OS X. Thanks for sharing your experience here.

[quote=“BWDeowulff”]Anyone else getting this Alert when opening Photoshop CC 2015:
ALERT

That seems to be a problem only with Photoshop. BTW, I am using the current version of Suitcase 6 v17.1.0. Any one have this problem or a solution?[/quote]

Yes, I’m getting the same exact error here. I looked around in the knowledge base and moved the FMCore folder to the trash as suggested. I then tried to open Suitcase Fusion again and it stopped responding. I waited and waited. Crazy as it might sound, I uninstalled it. Then I tried to run Photoshop CC 2015 and got another error and it wouldn’t run. Heck, I uninstalled that and re-installed it. Was still getting an FMCore error (different one, don’t remember it now) even though Suitcase Fusion was no longer installed. I did reboot my iMac (which is running the newest OS) somewhere in here. I re-installed Suitcase Fusion and opened Photoshop and it went back to this same error. I can close out and continue just fine. Suitcase Fusion opens fine. I disabled the Photoshop plugin from within Suitcase fusion. I open Photoshop again and now I get this error:

The FMCore application that is currently running is incompatible with the Extensis plugin. Please make sure you are running the latest version of FMCore. Plugin functionality will be disable.

I’m now thinking about trying the advice found here: extensis.com/support/knowled … rt-fmcore/

I know the first part that says reset the FMCore process isn’t going to work as it causes Suitcase Fusion to stop responding. But there are a few other things to try.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I’m sorry that you are encountering this problem with the upgrade. Before trying all the things in the KBA it might make more sense to call us first so our support folks can assess your issue and make essential recommendations. That list of things to try may lead you down paths you don’t need to go yet.

Our number is 503-274-7030.

Cheers,
Chris

[quote=“CMeyer”]Hi Lisa,

I’m sorry that you are encountering this problem with the upgrade. Before trying all the things in the KBA it might make more sense to call us first so our support folks can assess your issue and make essential recommendations. That list of things to try may lead you down paths you don’t need to go yet.

Our number is 503-274-7030.

Cheers,
Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris and thanks for the response! However, it’s too late. I already did everything suggested.

Suitcase Fusion is running fine with no errors (both before going through all the steps and after).

Photoshop CC 2015 is still giving me the same errors after doing all the steps.
Without the plugin enabled, I get the FMCore that is running is incompatible.
With the plugin enabled, I get the error saying that it can’t locate a running copy of FMCore.
I even used the Activity Monitor to stop the FMCore process from running as I saw that mentioned in something I read. Same Photoshop error.

As far as calling, I prefer to figure things out myself but when that’s not possible I prefer getting some kind of online support. I don’t use the phone. Maybe you can email me?

FYI:
Newest version of Suitcase Fusion.
Newest version of Photoshop CC 2015.
Newest version of Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4.
32GB memory & plenty of hard drive space.
Other extensions being used are Adobe Kuler, Photobacks Control 3 and Custom Tools. All updated and compatible with 2015.

Only other thing I can think is to uninstall photoshop again but this time answering yes to remove the preferences and what nots. Not sure if that will remove the error or not.
Lisa

I understand and will do what we can to assist via email.
Once we figure out what’s going on here we’ll post a resolution for others to review.

For anyone interested who might also have this problem. I fixed it.
Long story short…
I went into my Photoshop CC 2015 plugin folder and looked around. I found the Suitcase Fusion plugin for CC 2014 there. I think I accidentally copied it over when I copied my other plugins over from 2014. I sent the file to the trash and now everything is working.
Lisa

[quote=“nhlisa”]I found the Suitcase Fusion plugin for CC 2014 there. … I sent the file to the trash and now everything is working.
Lisa[/quote]

Worked for me too. Thnx!

You’re very welcome!

my error with Photoshop: