Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Adobe CC freezes when opening / closing

Hello, has anyone had the issue of certain programs freezing or locking up when either opening or closing?

In particular Photoshop CC 2014 and InDesign CC 2014 (latest patch update for each).

The problem is directly related to Suitcase Fusion as an error pops up and says that the program cant find Suitcase Fusion XX, and can’t close the extension. This happens when I close Photoshop (only happens randomly).

For Indesign CC 2014 it usually happens when I load it up. The file doesn’t even load, the program doesn’t load and then I have to Force Quit it and then reload. It usually works the second time, but sometimes you have to do it more than twice for it to work.

This really shouldn’t happen as both programs are paid for, both are regularly updated and both say that they have integration between the two programs. Is there something that needs to be done to it in the settings as this is super unprofessional and pretty shitty for me to have to load up certain files a few times.

I have a tonne of ram, fast processor and heaps of free memory so the computer isn’t an issue.

Has anyone else come across this?

Derek

Hi Extensis people, any help on this at all or do I just remove the program for now as it definitely has issues that need to be sorted out?

Any help will be appreciated, but I can’t keep Force Quitting everything and letting the computer freeze up and hang, it isn’t good for the system. Adobe InDesign CC 2014 and Photoshop CC 2014 are the main culprits. It is to do with the extension between your product and the programs.

And don’t just blame the other programs as they were all working fine before I got Extensis Suitcase. No hangs at all.

Hello Extensis staff… your support is outstanding. Thanks so much for ignoring me. Very much appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

Try contacting the Tech team; they might sort it out for you.

I am also having a considerable number of application “freezes” and “hangs” as of late (15-20 per day). This happens mostly in InDesign, but is also happening in Illustrator and Photoshop. Problem generally starts after I launch the application, work for a few minutes, then switch to the finder or to another app. When I go back, the app is hung-up and unresponsive (spinning beach ball of death). Force Quitting is the only resolve.

Also, I am unable to ever Quit InDesign. It requires me to Force Quite each time I restart my computer (even if it wasn’t hung-up before clicking Quit, it will hang and never recover).

27-inch iMac (Late 2009).
3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
12 GB RAM

InDesign CC 2014 v 10.2.0.69
Illustrator CC 2014 v 18.1.1
Photoshop CC 2014 v 15.2.2
Suitcase Fusion 6 v 17.0.0

Help.

I’ve been having the same problem. Extensis examined my machine setup and they didn’t find anything wrong. Is there anything else I can do besides shutting off Suitcase Fusion?

I have this same problem, disabling the auto-activation of fonts in the Manage Plug-Ins area solves it.

That’s good that it solves the freezing problem, but the work-around pretty much defeats the point of having Fusion since auto-activation is the primary purpose.

Hopefully, a solution is found soon.

Same boat here with InDesign CC 2015. One day Suitcase 5 stopped working, I called tech support and they said I needed to upgrade. So I upgraded to Suitcase 6 and now InDesign straight up will not work. I had to restart my computer twice yesterday and force quit InDesign I don’t know how many times before I was able to work on a file. Today, nothing was working until I found this forum and turned auto-activation off, but seriously… Suitcase without auto activation is a big hit to the program. Frustrating that they won’t even acknowledge this thread!