Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Adobe CC 2014 & FMCore Error

A couple of updates ago, I started getting the FMcore Plug-In Error Message. I ignored it for a while, but I need to address it. The error message is “The FMCore application that is currently running is incompatible with the Extensis plug-in. Please make sure you are running the latest version of FMCore. Plug-in functionality will be disabled.”

I’m running Adobe Illustrator/Indesign/Photoshop CC 2014 on a Win 7 PC with Suitcase 5 v16.2.4.

I have tried:

1. Deleting all of the plug ins, then enabling/installing them from suitcase again.
  2. Running the Suitcase installer as an administrator and performing a full install.

Not sure what to do next. If I have to reinstall completely, is there a way I can save my sets?

Thanks,
Mark

Hello “ECMark”

Sorry you’re having trouble.

[X] ***Remove and Re-install SF5 ***

1. Open windows task manager (Control + Alt + Delete)
  2. Choose the processes tab
  3. Locate “FMCore.exe” and click the “End Process” button
  4. Move your font vault (it contains copies of your fonts and font sets) to the desktop for safety:

XP
C:\Documents and Settings[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Extensis\Suitcase Fusion\Suitcase Fusion.fontvault
NOTE: Application Data is a hidden folder. In order to view it open Windows Explorer and go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab and check “Show hidden files and folders.”

Win 7/Win 8
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Extensis\Suitcase Fusion\Suitcase Fusion.fontvault
NOTE: AppData is a hidden folder. In order to view it, choose Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab and check “Show hidden files and folders.”

1. Remove the following directory:

XP
C:\Documents and Settings[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Extensis
NOTE: Application Data is a hidden folder. In order to view it open Windows Explorer and go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab and check “Show hidden files and folders.”

Win 7/Win 8
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Extensis
NOTE: AppData is a hidden folder. In order to view it, choose Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab and check “Show hidden files and folders.”

1. Remove “Extensis Suitcase Fusion 5” through Start > Control Panel > Add & Remove Programs
  2. Restart the machine
  3. Re-install SF5. You can download the current version here: extensis.com/support/product … -fusion-5/
  4. Even if you have an administrator account, run the install as an administrator: Right-Click > Run as Administrator
  5. If you are able to get SF5 working properly then you can return to your old fontvault. Here’s how:
    a) In SF5 choose Edit > Preferences > Type Core and press the “Stop FMCore” button
    b) Move your old fontvault back to the default SF5 fontvault location.
    c) Open SF5. You should see your fonts and font sets as they were.

Cheers,