Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Adding fonts from computer

Hello,

When I try and add my fonts from my hard drive into the font library nothing happens.

All my fonts are located in Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts.

What is the process for adding all your fonts into Suitcase Fusion. The User guide doesn’t really spell it out.

Thanks

Is it just a question of moving the fonts folder onto the desktop for example and adding the fonts from there?

Is there not a way around that where Suitcase Fusion can add fonts while leaving them in the same location i.e. library/fonts?

/Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts/ is a Mac OS X system font folder. So, the fonts located there will already appear under System Fonts and Local in the left-side navigation pane in Suitcase Fusion 4. Suitcase Fusion 4 can actually disable system fonts, but I prefer to add them from a non-system location with default settings so they are copied to the Vault.

One way you can explore your font configuration is via View > Columns > Location.

If you’re curious about where your Vault is located, the configuration is under Suitcase Fusion 4 > Preferences > Type Core.

Thanks,

I dragged the fonts folder to an external hard drive and added them to “Font library” that way.
I didnt realize you couldn’t add them to font library from a mac os x system font folder.