Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Adding a predefined value using API

Hi all,

I’m having trouble adding a predefined value to field definition. I use the following code:

1. first I get the field definition
    fieldDefinition def = Svc.getFieldDefinitions(SessionId, ImagesCatalog, new string[] { fieldName }, true, true)[0];
  2. if the value I’m trying to set is not in def.predefinedValues I call
    Svc.addOrRemovePredefinedValues(SessionId, ImagesCatalog, def, new string[] { value }, null);

I know the issue is not in session id, catalog id or similar - it’s just a matter of calling this method in step 2.
Thanks,
Nejra

P.S. I’ve done more digging - in the list of predefined values there is entry “Bruegel, Pieter the Elder (active 1550/1; died 1569)”. The value for item I’m trying to add is “Bruegel, Pieter the Elder, After (active 1550/1; died 1569)” (so slightly different). When I check def.predefinedValues for my new value clearly it won’t be in there, but when I call the method in step 2 exception I get is "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint “uc_fdv_field_definition_id_value_order” ". Anybody can point me in the right direction?

Hi Nejra,

It appears you uncovered a bug in addOrRemovePredefinedValues() that prevents adding predefined values to a field definition that already has some predefined values. I have filed a bug and until we can release a fix, a workaround is to use the Asset Service’s setPredefinedValues() method. With that method I was able to add both "Bruegel, Pieter the Elder (active 1550/1; died 1569)” and "Bruegel, Pieter the Elder, After (active 1550/1; died 1569)”. Note that setPredefinedValues() replaces all predefined values on a field definition with the ones you pass.

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Also, can you tell me what version of Portfolio you are using?

Regards,
Mike

Hi Michael,

thanks for the reply. We use Portfolio 2.0.0 and API 1.0.
Since it’s not a too common requirement, using workaround won’t affect our processing very much, as long as it doesn’t affect the existing data :slight_smile:

Thanks!