Extensis Logo SUPPORT | FORUMS | KNOWLEDGE BASE

Accept Incoming Network Connections

Extensis, are you working with Adobe on fixing the issue with all CS6 apps for allowing incoming network connections? Every time I start Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign a dialog box pops up asking me about it. I have to click OK and can do nothing else until I do that. Disabling your Suitcase extension solves the problem.
I have already allowed permissions for these apps in the system prefs.

This is not a bug but what we would expect to see happen if you’ve enabled the Firewall within the Security preferences in OS X since the plugin has accept incoming communications with Suitcase to perform auto-activation and display WebINK fonts.

Adding Photoshop CS6 and setting it to Allow incoming connections in the Advanced Firewall settings should prevent that pop up from appearing.

Unfortunately rcheung, your assessment is not correct. This has been a problem for many CS6 users using the latest version of the Suitcase plugin. Can you acknowledge whether your company is working on a fix or not? If not, and this problem is as persistent as it is without Extensis recognizing it would certainly make a statement about Extensis’ standard of service. This has been a problem for a very long time, and the problem continues even after the Adobe CS6 products are added to the Advanced Firewall settings.

Hello,

We do have a bug filed with Apple about the issue, but not Adobe. This appears to be limited to Mac OS 10.6 and the application layer firewall. We’ve done what we can to address this issue, but will need Apple’s assistance to properly resolve it. If you want to get around this problem in the meantime:

Use a different firewall, such as ipfw, which is also built into OS X. You can configure it with Noobproof (http://www.hanynet.com/noobproof/), which is a free app.

Upgrade to Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8. We were not able to reproduce the issue in 10.7 or 10.8 when the built-in firewall was enabled.

The other alternative for OS 10.6 users is to add Suitcase Fusion 4 as an allowed application to your Firewall list.
For customers who need access to the Google web fonts and WebINK fonts this will be a requirement anyway.