OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) Support

Professional desktop font management for Mac OS X

OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) Support

Postby CMeyer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 am

EDIT: Suitcase Fusion 4 is compatible with Mountain Lion. Please read this KBA before upgrading to Mountain Lion, or installing Suitcase Fusion 4 on Mountain Lion: http://www.extensis.com/support/uncateg ... acos-10-8/
Chris Meyer
Extensis Font Management Product Team
CMeyer

Re: OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) Support

Postby Garamond » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:12 am

The GM has been available for weeks, why haven't you provided the update already?

Mountain Lion is ready for download now.
Garamond

Postby boutwell » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:29 am

I have wondered about this as well with this release and the recent Adobe CS6 release. Why does Extensis not develop with the dev builds that these companies make available?
boutwell

Postby CMeyer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:07 am

To answer your inquiries, Extensis has been a long-time development partner to both Adobe and Apple so we start our compatibility testing early on when beta builds are made available. Unfortunately, software development is just not that simple because code changes occur all the way along the process and often our compatibility is disrupted late in the beta cycle, sometimes even when the GM is completed. Often incompatibilities exist from the beginning and regardless when reported the issues may not be addressed until a follow up dot release. Being a "middleware" software company puts us at the mercy of the companies developing the new Operating Systems and Applications. Since so many people rely on our software, we have to properly test the final shipping versions before we can confidently deliver our release.

Also official release dates are not shared with Extensis anymore than what's provided to the general public. That means we have to speculate when actual releases will occur just like you and plan our compatibility releases as closely as possible. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out perfectly as planned.

With that said, we do our best to deliver compatibility releases within 30 - 60 days of a release and attempt to communicate when they are coming (of course unless we hit unexpected issues such as the recent Photoshop CS6 auto-activation issue).

Here is on our current plan:
1. We are waiting for Adobe to resolve an open Photoshop CS6 font activation issue in their next dot release and will provide an updated Photoshop CS6 plugin as well as "official" support for OS X 10.8.
2. Unofficially our currently shipping Suitcase Fusion 4 product is already compatible with OS X 10.8 although it will not be properly certified for Apple's new Gatekeeper security application. We will have it properly certified in the next dot release and offer "official" support at that time.
3. Upgrading from OS X 10.7 to 10.8 should function without issue.
4. If you are installing Fusion 4 in OS X 10.8 for the first time we will be posting a KBA with a simple workaround to install bypassing the Gatekeeper (I will post the KBA link once it goes live).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chris Meyer
CMeyer

Postby Jackey » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Have made the transition from 10.7 to 10.8. But Suitcase Fusion 4 fails to activae any fonts.
Jackey

Postby boutwell » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Afraid I am in this situation as well. After CMeyer's reply, I took the plunge and upgraded. Now I am getting:

Suitcase Fusion Client encountered an unexpected error. 83914764

on any activation.

Serves me right I guess :(
boutwell

Postby CMeyer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Can I have our tech support team contact you directly to resolve this issue? We have tested internally and have had 100% success so we may not be aware of any special upgrade circumstances. Please send me a private message so we can work on this for you each individually. Unfortunately our forums are prone to "trolls" that build up problems to degrade our products publicly so I want to explore why you're having issues and communicate properly.

I promise to post the resolutions once we have them.

Cheers,
Chris Meyer
CMeyer

Postby CMeyer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks to those of you who contacted me today. I am gathering the specific details and will work with our engineers to determine the problem as soon as possible. As mentioned I will post updates for others monitoring this forum as soon as I have more info.
Chris Meyer
CMeyer

Postby timaging » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:20 am

I can also confirm "Suitcase Fusion Client encountered an unexpected error. 83914764"

I then deleted my font vault an now I cannot create any new libraries or use Fusion 4 at all... The Most Frustrating part to this is that the compatibility sites all said Fusion 4 would work and it doesn't. I really didn't need this today.

Dave
timaging

Postby Romeo Fahl » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Timaging,

What 'compatibility sites' claim that Suitcase Fusion 4 is compatible with Mountain Lion? That would be interesting for me to read, since Extensis hasn't published anything along those lines.
Regards,

Romeo Fahl
Extensis Priority Support Technician
Romeo Fahl

Next

Return to Suitcase Fusion 4 (for Macintosh)