Suitcase Fusion 3 will not accept serial number

Professional desktop font management for Mac OS X

Suitcase Fusion 3 will not accept serial number

Postby aalegado » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi, all.

I am setting up several Snow Leopard Mac workstations and I've purchased eight copies of Suitcase Fusion 3 for each workstation. I am running into an issue where I am unable to serialize the Suitcase Fusion 3 software. So far I have prepped four workstations and only two out of four of the Suitcase Fusion 3 installations have accepted the serial number. The other two will not accept a serial number.

By "not accept a serial number" I mean that I can type in the serial number in the dialog box where one enters the serial number and click the "Continue" button but the dialog box does not change it's appearance nor does the software, in any way, indicate that the serial number has been accepted or rejected. In each case I have carefully typed the serial number several times and carefully checking my typing without success. SInce I have several copies of Suitcase Fusion 3, I have tried other serial numbers without success. As a test, I have deliberately entered a serial number with a typo and the software does indicate that the serial number is invalid so the software is, somehow, validating the input.

I should point out that I am NOT installing Suitcase Fusion 3 from scratch each time. I am cloning a "standard" install image onto the workstation, booting from the clone, and then applying customizations to the cloned system (entering serial numbers, setting various presets, etc.). The copy of Suitcase Fusion 3 in the standard "clone" has been serialized so I expected to have to replace the serial number with a new one but as I've described above, the copy of Suitcase Fusion 3 will not always accept the serial number.

Apart from the original clone which accepted a serial number normally, only one of the clones' Suitcase Fusion 3 accepted it's own serial number. The other two behave as described above. I have uninstalled Suitcase and used the SF3 removal command-line tool and then reinstalled from the Suitcase Fusion 3 .mpkg file several times without success.

Has anyone run into this behavior before?

TIA for any ideas.
aalegado

Re: Suitcase Fusion 3 will not accept serial number

Postby CStevens » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Serialisation of the software is not something that we would discuss in a public forum, for obvious reasons around software piracy. If you need assistance to get the product serialised due to issues with either the serials, or entering them, you should contact Technical Support directly for assistance.
Chris Stevens
Sales Engineer
Extensis Europe
CStevens

Postby aalegado » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Understood. Thanks. I was hoping to save time if someone had a quick fix.
aalegado

Postby aalegado » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:34 pm

FYI: I relaxed my search terms and found the procedure to circumvent the problem I was experiencing and allow me to enter a new serial number. It was published by Extensis on this very forum.
aalegado

Postby aalegado » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:40 pm

aalegado wrote:FYI: I relaxed my search terms and found the procedure to circumvent the problem I was experiencing and allow me to enter a new serial number. It was published by Extensis on this very forum.

Sorry, I actually found it in the Knowledge Base, not this forum.
aalegado

Return to Suitcase Fusion 3 (for Macintosh)